Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be markup for a new car

tag
codesingh
Regular Contributor

What would be markup for a new car

Hey All,

I am now in the market and shopping for a new car.

Could you please tell me how much of percentage markup for a new car with MSRP $23000.

The car I am interested in(with some additions/customizations) comes to be $25000, how much do you think the dealership can sell it for?

Thanks in advance,

Code

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Re: What would be markup for a new car

Dealerships will try to sell it for as much as they can. Bid them against each other and you would be suprised at the price you get. Also try truecare.com and it will show what they particular car is going for in your area.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 2 of 3
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: What would be markup for a new car

Never pay MSRP, which means ---never, never pay more than MSRP---.

Most cars can be purchased for thousands under MSRP. Sometimes more than 20% off msrp for harder to sell vehicles.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.