Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a plan for auto loan and credit scores

tag
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

a plan for auto loan and credit scores

Hi, i'm new to Auto loans....i'm planing to buy a used car (about $28k) in next few weeks....i can pay it off the car right on spot BUT thinking that I might buy a house in next year and i came out a plan to get an auto loan to show on my credit reports for future lenders to see my creditworthy...SO...

I plan to get a mininum auto loan ($7500??) with mininum months (48 mo??) and pay off the loan within 2-3 months. My questions are will this hurt my credit score? will it bring any damages for my credit profile? i want to get mortgage loan for next year....

My EQ 740, EX FAKO 748, AoAA 3 years, total credit amount $21k

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: a plan for auto loan and credit scores

It will lower your AAoA, but also give you a thicker file. If you have a thin file, it will do good. If you have past auto loans ect, then probably no good done.

I would say that if you are offered 0% terms go for it, otherwise only do so if your file is lacking installment history.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 4
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Positive auto loan account history will also greatly help future Auto enhanced scores resulting in lower interest rates on auto loans on future vehicles. 

Message 3 of 4
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

i went to WFCU today and approved for 3.49% for 48 or 60 months....

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.