Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to File

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

About to File

Hi Everyone, 

I'm so happy for this forum. I finished paying my lawyer and will file this Friday. I'm so nervous but know that it comes with the process. I'm just ready to be done with this so that the phone calls can stop. I hoping to have no issues when it comes to my car because it's the only thing I have never been late on and need to keep it. From reading the many topics I've learned so much and can't wait for the fresh start. I'm burning a lot of companies but that's fine cause then I can appreciate my cash more. 

Can Friday get here any fasterSmiley Happy

-Ash

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: About to File

Hi and welcome!

Make sure to ask your lawyer how you should approach taxes because we’re at tax time right now and you’ll wanna check how he will want you to approach (such as filing now and exempting).

Best of luck and keep us updated!
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice, I'm looking up other questions to ask as well. 

I did ask her and she said I didn't have to worry but I will bring it up again. 

-Ash

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know you want to keep the car but make sure you understand the choice of reaffirming and not reaffirming (if you're chapter 7).

Yes, being able to answer your phone again will be a relief! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Free at last soon. I kept my truck due to the perfect payments and only had 1 yr to pay it off. I believe it helped really jump start my rebuild. So reaffirmation was the only way to go in my case and IMO. Least there was something carried over after BK that helped. Good Luck.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I'm hoping for also, that the car account will help with my rebuild. 

Question for anyone, do I have to collect all medical bills to include them in the bankruptcy?

-Ash

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Definitely include all of your medical bills. If you do, and they do not file a claim, then they are barred from attempting to collect the debt once your BK is discharged. I had a medical collection debt that fit that scenario. For some reason they didn’t file a claim even though they were listed. After my BK was concluded they tried to add a collection account to my credit report and list a balance. I disputed it with the credit bureau at first but the creditor tried to say that it was a valid collection account. I contacted my attorney and he sent them a cease and desist letter and they deleted it from my credit report and never contacted me again.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I filed Friday, can someone give me a timeline on how things went? Like, when you got your court date, when creditors might've got their letters and when everything was discharged.

Thank you in advance.

-Ash

Message 8 of 11
JTC-137
Regular Contributor

Date filed: 1/4/18
341 meeting: 2/2/18
Objections to discharge due: 4/3/18
Discharge: 4/4/18
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take to be notified when your 341 meeting is?

Thanks,

Ash

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.