Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to complete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

About to complete

I just checked my ndc claim status & it shows about to complete. Any one what that means, other than the obvious? I had a wreck on October 18th that totalled my car & I'm hoping it means I won't have to through all the trustees' hoops to get a new car. I'm getting a nice amount for the car that will make a nice down payment.

Kim
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: About to complete

I dont think you'll have a problem. I cant see the trustee taking any of the insurance claim to help pay debts. Did you file a 7 or 13?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a 13. I'm just hoping it means it is about to be discharged.
Message 3 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You need a car. Its unfortunate the accident happened. Your insurance did what they were supposed to do. Get another car and let your lawyer know just to CYA.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've let him know. I still have a rental car right now. I'm just hopeful the bankruptcy is almost over so I don't have to jump through all the hoops of going through the trustee.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Final accounting and audit is being performed.  

I am assuming you have sent your final payment, or 1 payment removed from finishing?  Mine went into that status when I asked my lawyer to get an early payoff and I sent payment.

Expect 60-90 days of discharge anticipation.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My September payment paid off the car with a little left over. That plus my October payment are just sitting there.

Kim
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is completed!! Paperwork should be in the mail, and should be getting refund of overpayment December 4th. I can start my car search without this hanging over me.

Kim
Message 8 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Excellent @Anonymous . Congrats! Good Luck on finding a new ride! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on completing your 13!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.