Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Store Card

Has anyone been approved for an Amazon store card with a BK on credit report? I buy a majority of my children's supplements from Amazon. Not looking to apply anytime soon. Just inquiring. Thanks!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Card

This reply speaks to the Amazon Prime Store Card (Synchrony), not the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card (Chase):

I was denied a few months after discharge, but approved for a $900 limit about a year after discharge. I've since asked for CLIs, which have been denied. Strangely, Synchrony has approved my for a PayPal credit account for $4k and a CareCredit account for $6k, but won't budge on a limit for the Amazon card above $900. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently Synchrony added a secured card option for the Amazon store card. It’s one app. Depending on your profile you are either approved for the unsecured or the secured.
Message 3 of 11
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

My BK is 5.5 years old and my Amazon Prime Store card has a $10,000 limit after multiple CLIs.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 11
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Recently Synchrony added a secured card option for the Amazon store card. It’s one app. Depending on your profile you are either approved for the unsecured or the secured.

That is really cool!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 11
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I was approved for an Amazon store card (Synchrony) a few years ago.  I tried to get the Chase card and it was declined due to bankruptcy.  I was approved for the American Express Amazon Business card back in December.

When I filed chapter 7 in November 2011 and discharged in February 2012, I had a Walmart card from Synchrony included.

Hope this is helpfully.

Guyatthebeach

Message 6 of 11
Naomi_y1
Established Member

My Ch13 BK was dismissed 6/2018 and is now 6yrs old. I was approved for a 800 CL two months ago.

Message 7 of 11
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I was about 6-7 months D/C

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 8 of 11
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I was approved for the Amazon Store card abot 2.5 years after backruptcy. I also got the Amex Amazon Business card last year.  I have never been able to the Chase Amazon Visa, and I doubt I ever will.

Guyatthebeach

Message 9 of 11
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Yes, I was approved for $200 in 2017 after my December 2016 chapter 7.

I finally asked for a CLI in July of 2019 and they gave me $1000 limit.

This is the STORE card only with Comenity, not the VISA.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.