Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK7 DC - Now Rebuilding

tag
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

BK7 DC - Now Rebuilding

Edit 12/28/22: BK has discharged and I am now rebuilding. I am keeping all updates in one place so it is easily found. 

Hey guys. I'm in the process of filing Ch7 with help from an attorney. 

I've got student loans (which won't be discharged), and credit card debt - very old debt from AMEX and some from Capitol One. 

I cant wait to put this stuff behind me. I should be paid up with paperwork submitted to my attorney by the end of the week.

Siggy updated Feb 16 2023
Chapter 7 BK discharge: 12/19/22
Inquiries: 6/6mo 7/12mo 7/24mo – Latest inquiry: NFCU - Approved 01/23
Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

Message 1 of 112
111 REPLIES 111
Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Ch7 Journey

Good luck! It can definitely lift some weight off of your shoulders when you file. It definitely did for me.

Message 2 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DogwoodLynx  This is a wonderful way to put your debts behind you. After bankruptcy is completed, you get a fresh start and can begin your credit rebuild. One year of steady perfect credit, and you will be in great shape.

Message 3 of 112
MileHigh96
Frequent Contributor

Good luck! It will be a huge relief once you get passed this and get the chance to start fresh.
BK7 discharged - 06JUL2021
Loans:

Revolving Accounts (in the order they were opened):

Closed accounts:
Message 4 of 112
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! I'm happy to be able to do it. I buried my head in the sand for years and put off talking to an attorney. I'm glad I finally met with one because it wasn't nearly as bad as I made it out to be. (Isn't that always the case? Lol)

Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

Message 5 of 112
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. I'm glad I found this forum for some support with people who have filed.

Message 6 of 112
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the support! I'll be keeping this thread going as my progress continues 

Message 7 of 112
Pway
Valued Contributor

Happy to have you here. When I filed it was definitely a weight lifted off my shoulders. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 8 of 112
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Good Luck. The monkey on your back will be gone soon. Huge sigh of relief coming.

Side note. Whoever you want to respond to. Click reply and then "quote" top right of the box. Type responce at the bottom.

Message 9 of 112
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Good Luck. The monkey on your back will be gone soon. Huge sigh of relief coming.

Side note. Whoever you want to respond to. Click reply and then "quote" top right of the box. Type responce at the bottom.

Thank you! 

Message 10 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.