Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banking With Chase after CH7

tag
nomadic_triathlete
Established Member

Banking With Chase after CH7

I burned Chase for around $50k in my CH7.  DC'd about 4 years ago.  

I like Chase as a bank beyond CCs.  Is there any reason to be worried about banking with them since I burned them?  Obviously I can't get any Chase CC's.  I moved all my banking to WF during my BK just in case. WF was the only bank I didn't have any CCs with at the time.  But I'd like to move back to Chase for banking.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Banking With Chase after CH7

@nomadic_triathlete wrote:

I like Chase as a bank beyond CCs.  Is there any reason to be worried about banking with them since I burned them?  Obviously I can't get any Chase CC's.  I moved all my banking to WF during my BK just in case. WF was the only bank I didn't have any CCs with at the time.  But I'd like to move back to Chase for banking.  

You can still bank with Chase as long as your deposit accounts were in good standing, not overdrawn, etc. prior to BK.

Message 2 of 4
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

I burned Chase for a tidy sum in my Chapter 13; nearly 8 years later I now have both checking and savings accounts as well as a new Chase credit card.  It can be done.

Chapter 13:

• Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank (now Bank of Southern California)
  • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
  • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
  • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
  • Last Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
  • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
  • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 3 of 4
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

I burned them for something around that amount in a 13, lawyer advised me they'd close the account and to move everything before filing....turns out Chase didn't do a darn thing (didn't even file a claim for the $$$ in the 13) so after about 6 months I switched everything back and have been using them like normal ever since - my 13 was discharged a couple weeks ago and had a discussion with a banker at JPM where I questioned if there were any notes/restrictions on my account - they assured me from a banking side I was a great customer and there were no restrictions/issues with my account (I'm sure their Credit Card people have a different view of me) 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.