Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One ????

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One ????

Two years and two months from my Ch. 7 discharge - and I am still blacklisted...

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a little worried and confused. I was discharged yesterday and decided to try the Capital One prequalifier this morning. I received the "Congratulations!" message and decided to go for it. It says I was approved for the Credit Steps program with a SL of $300! I'm super excited however when I tried to create my username and password it automatically linked my information to my profile from my previous accounts that were included in ch. 7. It says my profile has been locked and that I need to call??? Anyone experience this before? Does this mean that they will now retract their approval? 

Message 12 of 15
nykos5000
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a little worried and confused. I was discharged yesterday and decided to try the Capital One prequalifier this morning. I received the "Congratulations!" message and decided to go for it. It says I was approved for the Credit Steps program with a SL of $300! I'm super excited however when I tried to create my username and password it automatically linked my information to my profile from my previous accounts that were included in ch. 7. It says my profile has been locked and that I need to call??? Anyone experience this before? Does this mean that they will now retract their approval? 

Did you stop paying on your Cap 1 cards much earlier than you filed? 

BK7 08/2016 | DC 12/2016

Message 13 of 15
holmesnmanny
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It may just be that they don't know if you're discharge yet. I'm sure you will be fine, it also made me use my previous login but mine wasn't locked. You likely just need to call and have them unlock it. 

For others, I got in after about 8 months with perfect credit since discharge after having burned them. However I had to manually call in to have them approve me. Whenever I tried using the website it wouldn't even check my credit. Apparently calling in is able to get around the block. However, this isn't to say you will be approved if you burned them. I would say wait atleast 6 months if you burned them in the bk. 

Pro Se Chapter 7 discharged July 2015
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recieved the same "Locked" message. You just have to call customer support and they will yell at you for not paying then tell you that you will have to pay the old credit card or use a different email address. I choice to use a different email address, which I immediatley changed after activating the account. So in summary, it is a red flag but not a roadblock.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.