Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chap 7 Filed Today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chap 7 Filed Today

I have 10 accounts that the first delinquent payment was late 2014. They are all due to fall off late 2021. Will the filing of my bk reset the SOL from my discharge date or will those accounts continue to be removed from the first delinquent date as usual?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chap 7 Filed Today

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 10 accounts that the first delinquent payment was late 2014. They are all due to fall off late 2021. Will the filing of my bk reset the SOL from my discharge date or will those accounts continue to be removed from the first delinquent date as usual?

Accounts included in your bankruptcy will no longer show a balance owed, they will continue to show the history of the account, including any late payments made prior to the bankruptcy. Any late payment history will be deleted seven years from the original delinquency date. 

Message 2 of 3
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Chap 7 Filed Today

A BK is the worst impact.

Nothing else really matters BEFORE your BK.

Some if not all of your accounts may be erased or the history may be erased upon discharge.

Your rebuild can start days to months after your discharge.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.