Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit one help

So my 431 meeting was about 4 weeks ago and I just applied for a credit one platinum card and was approved for 300$

But now I'm freaking out a bit because my chapter7 isn't discharged yet.

should I keep the credit one card now to rebuild my credit ? Or cancel it?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit one help

@Anonymous 

It's already done so closing it won't help . But you really should not apply til after discharge, we preach that all the time .

You scores will get a little bump and you will have more choices .

I suggest you read the forums and learn the better way to rebuild .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

after your 341 meeting you should be fine.  I got approved for a Cap1 before my discharge but after my 341.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, what would happen if I don't activate the card or cancel when I get it in the mail? 
I mean is the card that bad ?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not a great card - they're known to be fee harvesters, but at the outset of a rebuild sometimes that's what's available. You'll find that your scores can start climbing pretty quickly and within a year, maybe even less, you'll qualify for better cards and will be able to get rid of this one.

Message 5 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I got one about 15 years ago when my scores were bad (kind of like now...DC was June 14!)

Not sure if it still works, but I recall after a couple months, I'd call the # & go through the phone prompts & select "limit increase" & they bumped it $100 every time & never a hard pull.

I want to say I'd call every month or two & it worked.  Started out like you, at $300 & when I finally closed it, I had something like $2500.  After a while, the increases increased too.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.