Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor wants statement of intent

tag
Birdie82
Valued Member

Creditor wants statement of intent

There’s a company called ISPC that my ex husband and I stupidly financed a water treatment system from. To be real, the vendor didn’t tell us about financing until after we agreed to buy the system . On my credit report it appears as resolving (charge account). Today my lawyer received a letter stating that they want a statement of intention because it is a secured debt . I have already filed I am scared that I will have to pay for an amendment of my petition and that my case might be continued. Has anyone ever had to deal with such ? They can have the doggone water system for all I care , it cost 9000 and almost 3 years later I still owe 8600
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditor wants statement of intent

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.  Unfortunately this reminded me of CBC (Canadian Broadcast) episode I saw on Youtube about a company that offered similar systems in several provinces.  A simply Google search yielded a number of complaints against the company along with aggressive tactics.

Have you tried reaching out to your state consumer agency to file a complaint?

Message 2 of 9
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

What did the lawyer say concerning this? You are paying them , they should be able to tell you how this will be handled. 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Huh? Only 400 paid off in three years out of 9 grand? Whoa. Is this a direct water line from the springs in Colorado? Not being sarcastic. Many here in FL out west have well water, all the filters, salt and everything it takes to have fresh water. Doesnt cost nearly that amount. I'd be dismantling that system and come get it boys! Wow!

I have many friends that went out and got generators for when a hurricane hits to keep power to their homes for less. Hope it works out for ya!

Message 4 of 9
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

You financed the purchase of a large ticket item, no different then financing a car or furniture or jewelery.  The lender is most likely secured (read the finance contract).  You have 3 choices:

1. Surrender and owe nothing;

2. Redeem the item for its fair market value; or

3. Reaffirm the debt.

The lender should have been listed on Schedule D and the Statement of Intention.   Listing a secured lender on Schedule F does not change the status of the lender from secured to unsecured.  The lender has reached out to you and wants to know what you are going to do as it relates to the lender's property (pay for it or give it back).

Work with your attny to address the lender's inquiry. This is not really a big deal.  

Des.

Message 5 of 9
Birdie82
Valued Member

Des,
I have reached out to my attorney and I am waiting on her input . I will surrender the water system. I also found that the company did a ucc1 filing on their collateral through my state office. I’ve mentioned that to my attorney as well . I am just praying that my case doesn’t get delayed. My MOC is in 21 days .
Message 6 of 9
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

@Birdie82 wrote:
 I am just praying that my case doesn’t get delayed. My MOC is in 21 days .

Your case will not be delayed over this.  The issue is not a big deal.  Stop worrying.

Des.

Message 7 of 9
Birdie82
Valued Member

I actually signed the amended schedules and statement of intent this afternoon. It cost me $181 . Thanks for the reassurance.
Message 8 of 9
Birdie82
Valued Member

I did reach out to my lawyer. She just had to do an amendment.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.