Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Card

How long after you file bankruptcy on discover card do you have to wait to qualify for a card again? I filed almost 3 years ago and my husband was approved for a card with them but they keep denying me for past account with them Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card

@KTPERRY - Try for a secured card...

Message 2 of 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How long after you file bankruptcy on discover card do you have to wait to qualify for a card again? I filed almost 3 years ago and my husband was approved for a card with them but they keep denying me for past account with them Smiley Sad

Different for everyone unfortunately.. 5-10 years after burning them would be a decent guess. There has been a couple people here to get back in so hopefully they chime in for you.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Just like Disco's CLI's. Theres no telling when and whogets back together with Miss Disco. Roses may help! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Different for everyone unfortunately.. 5-10 years after burning them would be a decent guess. There has been a couple people here to get back in so hopefully they chime in for you.

Welcome back @Scupra . Been a while.

Message 5 of 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome back @Scupra . Been a while.

@FireMedic1  hello and thank you, you still remember this guy? haha.. been very busy with work and it has pulled me away from here. Nice to see some OG's around Smiley Happy 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to get back in with Discover but to no avail.  I was a member for, gosh, at least six years with them but apparently my perfect payments (and sometimes extra payments) meant diddly to them.  I burned them for just under $800 dollars and they will not let me back in to save my life.  I was discharged in Oct 2018.  Some folks got right back in after discharge, but not me.  So, I have just decided to heck with 'em.  I don't need their card to make my life complete    Smiley Tongue

Best of luck in your post BK future!

Message 7 of 12
krielly
Established Contributor

We filed our Chapt 13 in 2005. Didn't have an account with Discover at that time, but I can tell you that they would not give me a card until my BK was off my record. It had nothing to do with burning them, just the fact there was even a BK reporting.  

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BK is from 2012. Two more years till removal. I just got approved for a Discover with an 11k SL. Not sure their rhym or reason. 

Message 9 of 12
joltdude
Senior Contributor

In the past iv seen anything from 2 years post BK to.... it being off your CR.... 

Occasionally earlier.... as some have said.. its hit or miss... but if i read the ops posts correctly... id start trying sept/oct of this year....

Good luck..

Miss Disco is a little ditzy and unpredictable....

-J

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.