Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover is weird

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is weird

So occasionally I'll head over to the prequalify tool at Discover just to see what my chances are, since no harm, no foul. And for the past 8 months, I always get a AA (not an actual HP so not really an AA) denial, stating only one word all in large caps:

BANKRUPTCY

Now, I already have a graduated Discover card I obtained as my first card after my BK7 (Discover was not one of the creditors IIB). After the requisite time—6 months?—it graduated from $300 to $2000 as my once and only CLI. I tried for a while to prequalify and would always get "not enough time with current limit" or some such, never BK as a reason.

BK discharge 2+ yrs ago: 04/18/19. So.... anyone have an idea about this as a reason code,  or how long it might be before it goes away? My current EXP score (which i think they use) FICO 8 is 666. Thx!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
kr43002
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover is weird

@Anonymous wrote:

So occasionally I'll head over to the prequalify tool at Discover just to see what my chances are, since no harm, no foul. And for the past 8 months, I always get a AA (not an actual HP so not really an AA) denial, stating only one word all in large caps:

BANKRUPTCY

Now, I already have a graduated Discover card I obtained as my first card after my BK7 (Discover was not one of the creditors IIB). After the requisite time—6 months?—it graduated from $300 to $2000 as my once and only CLI. I tried for a while to prequalify and would always get "not enough time with current limit" or some such, never BK as a reason.

BK discharge 2+ yrs ago: 04/18/19. So.... anyone have an idea about this as a reason code,  or how long it might be before it goes away? My current EXP score (which i think they use) FICO 8 is 666. Thx!

Before my bk I had a discover card, $200 limit that graduated to a 2000 limit. Held onto that card for 2 years after the CLI and never got another CLI. Always sighting not enough experience with current tradeline. Discover likes to see spend, with small balance. If you do have a balance on your card, try paying it off and then doing the CLI. From what I read before when I was trying to figure out why I never got a CLI, they normally approved you after you had the card paid off fully. 

BK CH7 1/21 DC 5/21
1+ Year Post BK
Credit Limit: 6000
EDC: QuickSilver 1 1.5% $39 AF
Oldest Account: Tire Card $500 0% APR 6 Months After purchase. 2018. (Survived Bankruptcy)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.