Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DocketBird?

tag
gorgon
Established Contributor

Re: DocketBird?

@Anonymous wrote:

CEO of DocketBird here. I just wanted to give eveyone a quick update: DocketBird has implemented a quick and painless way to remove cases. Now you can remove your case in about two minutes. To do so, just find the docket sheet of your case, and click "Request Removal" at the bottom of the page for instructions. To be clear, this is 100% free.

We've always enabled people to remove their cases for free, by mailing in a form to verify their relationship to the case and to prevent hacking. But, we heard from a number of people that this process was too time-consuming and frustrating. I hope that this new system addresses those concerns.

I did this new procedure the day it was posted. As of today if I do a Google search of my name, DocketBird is the first thing that comes up. Looks like paying is still the only way to "expedite" removal.

Message 31 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DocketBird?

This is what I did to address my information posted by @Anonymous  (aka Mink, LLC)

1) I clicked on the removal link on my profile from the Google search.

2) I chose Option 2 for removal from their website and paid $59.95 to have my damaging information removed from Google that was allowed to be viewed from their database. 

3) I called my attorney to see if this is possibly cyber extortion as defined by the US DOJ. It is not necessarily illegal to inadvertently allow damaging public information from their database to appear via Google (although that certainly opens this company up to mass civil litigation by way of negligence). It is, however, quite illegal to post damaging information (public or not) and make efforts to manipulate online searches in any way with the goal of requesting personal information (such as the debit card number they request), or payment to remove the information. I'm quite familiar with how website data and Google searches work and the fact that this has only recently appeared so prominently in a Google search makes me curious to say the least. My attorney is looking into it.

Also, I will wait the 5 days @Anonymous  recommends to see if they have provided the very simple service for which I paid $59.95.  On day 6, I am going to file a complaint on the FBI's IC3 site.

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.