Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Score Not Available

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Score Not Available

My Chap. 13 was discharged 2 weeks ago. I signed up for CreditCheck Total and when I pulled my FICO Scores, only TransUnion and Equifax were available but not Experian. I'm just about to start rebuilduing my credit so the only history on my report dates back to old accounts from 5 years ago. But why is TU and EQ still generating a score even if I don't have at least 1 active account reporting for 6 months. The one difference I notice though is that both EQ and TU lists my old address from 2 years ago. Experian shows my current address. Could this be the issue, that Experian is not matching the address from my old accounts? Any advice on how I should proceed forward with this issue?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Score Not Available

RMos22 wrote:

My Chap. 13 was discharged 2 weeks ago. I signed up for CreditCheck Total and when I pulled my FICO Scores, only TransUnion and Equifax were available but not Experian. I'm just about to start rebuilduing my credit so the only history on my report dates back to old accounts from 5 years ago. But why is TU and EQ still generating a score even if I don't have at least 1 active account reporting for 6 months. The one difference I notice though is that both EQ and TU lists my old address from 2 years ago. Experian shows my current address. Could this be the issue, that Experian is not matching the address from my old accounts?

Any advice on how I should proceed forward with this issue?

You are NOT alone ! ! !

I started with 3 scores, then my Experian number was NA, not available.  (where did it go?)

* the NA was due to a lack of recently opened accounts in the past 6 months. And, a lack of Revolving Accounts

! Duh, doing a Chapter 13 you can't open New Accounts or use Credit Cards. So how will one have any current or recent Credit Activity if it is prohibited?

(others! please spare me the response that a Trustee can approve a CC during a 13, as it is rare, and has nothing to do with the topic at hand)

Once you have a New Credit Card approved thru Experian it will begin reporting a Score. Secondly, if you happen to have a new credit card thru another CRA picked up for reporting purposes via Experian, you will get a Score.

As I can attest to, things do NOT happen IMMEDIATELY after a Chapter 13. Just because I was discharged, the Red Sea didn't part before me and make my life better. I am still waiting, as it is a Process. You are going to have to be Patient, and not get frustrated with the Days of the Calendar of the Month passing into a new month and still not have everything resolved.

While you are dealing with your current frustrations, ask yourself, How many days does it take for an approved credit card which has been issued, and you are using, and PIF, paying in full almost every day, before it shows up on one of your three Credit Reporting Agencies? When will it finally report equally across all three? That is where I am at currently. Waiting!

Despite all of my progress and success, I am still Waiting! Do I like it? Absolutely NOT. However, I have picked up on a similar undercurrent amongst others. But there is one difference. They are 1, 2, 3 years past their starting point. Not one of them became Olympic Gold Medal winners of the Marathon event Immediately. They all started as helpless infants in a diaper, totally dependent on others. Currently I am wearing the diaper, and Waiting on the Credit Agencies to Report, and others. Just one, just give me one reporting this CC. Then I will know that the second and third will eventually report. And after that, I can reasonably consider applying to Navy FCU, because I am not sure if they will pull either TU or EQ. So I have to be positioned well for that event with both reporting the new CC, because it is entirely within my ability to impact.

Secondly, only yesterday did I again go to the Post Office to snail mail an updated request to a CRA to properly reflect my address. This is the Second time with them, remember, it can take 30-45 days to resolve a dispute. But why am I still fighting such a simple thing? It is part of the terrain we have to negotiate. Is it fair? Absolutely NOT. But it is the life we are currently living.

When all of this is eventually resolved, it will be a different month, other things will have monopolized my attention and emotions, and my focus will be on the next tangible goal in front of me. And in two years from now, I will have had the diaper repeatedly cleaned and sterilized, as I look for a display case for it to be proudly on view next to the Olympic Gold Medal I eventually win for the Marathon event. But that day is several years away, and I am still trying to get my address updated on the third of my CRAs.

Patience and some level of acceptance of the grueling timeline is based in reality and will eventually become your best friend thru this process.

BEST wishes !

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was hoping it was something else that's causing Experian not to report my score and not because I currently have no active open account. So it appears that EX has stricter guidlines when to generate Myfico scores compared to TU and EQ?

Next step for me is to write a dispute letter to TU since one of my account is not being reported as IIB. I'll be following SoulMaster's strategy in reaching 700. Hopefully, I'l get lucky when I apply for CreditOne card even without an Experian score.

I created an excell spreadsheet this morning showing the Timeline and steps I need do to rebuild my credit so I can track my progress. It's the hardest thing to do waiting for these milestone dates to be acheived so I understand when you implore patience is the key.

Thanks for your reply and good luck to your endeavor as well.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Score NOT Available * is now Reporting

RMos22 wrote:

I was hoping it was something else that's causing Experian not to report my score and not because I currently have no active open account. So it appears that EX has stricter guidlines when to generate Myfico scores compared to TU and EQ?

Next step for me is to write a dispute letter to TU since one of my account is not being reported as IIB. I'll be following SoulMaster's strategy in reaching 700. Hopefully, I'l get lucky when I apply for CreditOne card even without an Experian score.

I created an excell spreadsheet this morning showing the Timeline and steps I need do to rebuild my credit so I can track my progress. It's the hardest thing to do waiting for these milestone dates to be acheived so I understand when you implore patience is the key.

Thanks for your reply and good luck to your endeavor as well.

Today I wake up
, check e-mail.

~ 10 minutes later, I notice I now have a new Alert ! ! !

Turns out that Experian is reporting my Pen Fed CC. Hurray!

But the credit check was on Equifax, so why is Experian reporting it first?

Who cares!!!!! as I now have a Score for Experian instead of a NA.

Waiting is hard, but if that is how the game has to be played, I need to become the Best Player (Waiter).

* your effort to create your spreadsheet will serve you well. You have a plan you can visualize and adjust as needed. Much better than a "Hope & Pray" strategy with supplemental whining on an endless basis if and when it doesn't work.

Best Wishes.

Message 4 of 5
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Today after one month, my EXP score and alerts moved.
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.