Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rebuilding story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My rebuilding story

Hi everyone!  I've posted before but wanted to give my story/update.

Filed BK Sept 2015 and took a while to come up with the money for the BK7.  Finally filed Jan 2016, 341 creditor meeting was 2/13/2016 and discharged on 4/13/2016.

We were going to keep two vehicles we financed originally but ended up surrendering them.  Was able to get 2 car loans.  We now own a 2013 Passat and a 2012 Nissan Maxima.  Beautiful cars, low miles and fully loaded.  Had to put some money down on both but this helped my credit score boost.  The interest is a little high but I work at CU so I will be refinancing after I"ve made a few payments.

Applied for a Credit One card and was approved for a CL of $400.  Last week after making a payment, I got an email saying I got a CL increase of $200.00 so now my CL is $600.

Not sure what my next steps are but as of today, my EX is 561 and my EQ is 661- not sure how or why both scores have a 100 pt difference but I'll take it!

So for anyone discouraged, there is hope after filing a CH 7, just be patience and monitor your scores closely.

Melissa

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
armymom
Regular Contributor

Re: My rebuilding story

Did you include Capital One in your BK?  If not try their prequalifier. The are very BK friendly.   If they were included wait about six months and try.

Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes we did burn them pretty badly.  I haven't tried them yet though.  

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and thanks for sharing.

Message 4 of 7
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you in getting through the process and good luck with your rebuild.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

melbueno wrote:

Filed BK Sept 2015 and took a while to come up with the money for the BK7.  Finally filed Jan 2016, 341 creditor meeting was 2/13/2016 and discharged on 4/13/2016.

We were going to keep two vehicles we financed originally but ended up surrendering them.  Was able to get 2 car loans.  We now own a 2013 Passat and a 2012 Nissan Maxima.  Beautiful cars, low miles and fully loaded.  Had to put some money down on both but this helped my credit score boost.  The interest is a little high but I work at CU so I will be refinancing after I"ve made a few payments.

Applied for a Credit One card and was approved for a CL of $400.  Last week after making a payment, I got an email saying I got a CL increase of $200.00 so now my CL is $600.

Not sure what my next steps are but as of today, my EX is 561 and my EQ is 661- not sure how or why both scores have a 100 pt difference but I'll take it!

So for anyone discouraged, there is hope after filing a CH 7, just be patience and monitor your scores closely.

Melissa

Congratz

and wonderful achievement with your Patience!

Message 6 of 7
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Melissa

Congratulaions on your CLI.

Have you tried joining Navy Federal or PENFED yet? I posted a way to join you aren't military that is 100% legal.

Don't worry about your EX score because I had the same issue. A year or so after my discharge, my scores increased nicely.

Guyatthebeach

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.