Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot to list creditor 3 years ago!

tag
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Forgot to list creditor 3 years ago!

Hi FICO Fam,

There was a creditor that I forgot to list in my Ch. 7, No Asset bankruptcy which was discharged three years ago. Today I received a letter from a collection company referencing this debt. Would it still be covered as IIB, even though I forgot to list them?

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

Re: Forgot to list creditor 3 years ago!

Do you live in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island? If so, might not be discharged.

In MOST bankruptcy districts, even omitted debts are discharged in no asset cases.

I'd consult with your BK attorney to confirm.

Best of luck!

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 2 of 5
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

I live in GA. I don't even remember who my bk attorney was but I'll call some on Monday and ask.

@DebtStinks wrote:

Do you live in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island? If so, might not be discharged.

In MOST bankruptcy districts, even omitted debts are discharged in no asset cases.

I'd consult with your BK attorney to confirm.

Best of luck!

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 5
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

Look at your bankruptcy paperwork; your attorney will be listed on it.  If you don't have a copy, you can get it from PACER.

Message 4 of 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Good points above.

Totally unrelated but i'll add why it's not uncommon i presume for a creditor IIB to delete their tradeline i found one (Only One) that wiped my TL with them as soon as the Federal Order of Filing entered their system. I was initially concerned they might did that only to resurface it at some later date but found on the same report that the INQ for that account is still listed.

With this severe epidemic shaking up everything especially in the business but moreover personal financial system, i early on in my lead up to FILING kept every report and receipt on the off chance some creditor might try to skirt things raising a discharged item of theirs later.

Its harrowing to have to resort to BK and i never imagined i would either, but what's done is done for good reason and a chance to rebuild against ever facing one again.

Wishing the OP all the best and that the omision oversight doesn't try to impede the progress to return to some credit normalcy again

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.