Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grain line of credit. Jasper MasterCard

tag
ballysdad
Regular Contributor

Grain line of credit. Jasper MasterCard

Grain uses your debit card establishes line of credit. I have tested it out and it is legit. Today it started reporting to Equifax. The largest line is $1000 I think. They use PLAID to link your bank account to analyze your income and expenses.

JASPER MasterCard uses same method I was able to get a $3500 unsecured limit with them.

I am 2 mo post CH7 on the rebuild so just showing others options I have found.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Grain line of credit. Jasper MasterCard

@ballysdad wrote:

Grain uses your debit card establishes line of credit. I have tested it out and it is legit. Today it started reporting to Equifax. The largest line is $1000 I think. They use PLAID to link your bank account to analyze your income and expenses.

JASPER MasterCard uses same method I was able to get a $3500 unsecured limit with them.

I am 2 mo post CH7 on the rebuild so just showing others options I have found.

Link please for those who can evaluate if it is of any real use to them.

Thank You kindly from all us BK deep sea divers making some effort to claw our way up.

Message 2 of 7
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

I have also used Grain. It was helpful and they cut all payments in half for COVID relief. Got a small $500 line but that was the highest I had at the time. Bumped my scores a little bit and helped UTIL. 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 3 of 7
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Jasper just pulled TU for me. Got denied. They reported a score from TU of 615 

MyFICO 8 is at 627 and I can't see any other score on my dashboard that is 615, the closest is 619 FICO bankcard 8.

Weird. In case anyone wanted some data points! 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 4 of 7
ballysdad
Regular Contributor

Did you link your bank account or send them paystubs?

@ThetoriParadox wrote:

Jasper just pulled TU for me. Got denied. They reported a score from TU of 615 

MyFICO 8 is at 627 and I can't see any other score on my dashboard that is 615, the closest is 619 FICO bankcard 8.

Weird. In case anyone wanted some data points! 

Message 5 of 7
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Yes. I linked my bank account. 
gross is 65k a year. 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the first I have heard of these, but they have similarities with Earnin, which my husband has been using since around the time we filed BK a year ago.  I'd use it but I don't have a paycheck income for them to verify, and they sure do look at all that - constantly.  That and the main checking account used.  It seems like it's checking overdraft - but administered by a third party.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.