cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many points do you get when your BK falls off

tag
flyerguy5545

How many points do you get when your BK falls off

Anyone have any idea how many points you may receive when your BK falls off after 10 yrs? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many points do you get when your BK falls off

There are no set numbers as everyone’s profiles are different. 

Ive seen scores have a huge jump (up to 80 pts) and I’ve actually seen numbers decrease (because of the profile being in a different bracket). 

Typically it increases, but there is no set number. 

Message 2 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

depends on your rebuild since your DC date, and what your utilization is like at the time the BK comes off. Also, if you have any negatives after your DC like lates etc..

If you had a pristine rebuild, no negatives after the DC date, and your overall utilization is low like <9%....then scores could easily jump 70-130 pts depending on certain factors.
Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I remember mine, it was nothing earth shattering and in no way did I break 800 just because it fell off. I think if you have as already been establishing credit, and the further away from the bk, the less impact it has on your score. Goes up for sure but just depends on your current profile I'd say. Will add nothing sweeter than to see no derogs listedSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had already cleared off all my derogs by the time my BK was close to falling off. When it was removed from EQ and TU I saw increases of about 70 points. For whatever reason, when EX finally removed it, I only saw an increase of about 40 points. EX and I don't get along at all.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It all depends on your profile and current score.  I have been rebuilding and got most of my scores into the 700's.  I don't think mine will jump that much.  I will be contacted the credit bureaus again in a few months to have some other stuff removed early.  I prefer to be proactive and get my score up as I want to buy ahouse once it is fully removed from my credit report.

Message 6 of 7
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I would think 50 points or less if you have properly rebuilt your credit over the last 7-10 years.

No one is going from 750 to 850.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.