Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hope....

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I hope....

....that I never need help from this particular form.

But it is a great idea!!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I hope....

MidnightVoice wrote:
....that I never need help from this particular form.

But it is a great idea!!

Me too! Fabulous idea!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes...the option to file BK is like the option to use nuclear weapons. You really, really hope you never have to turn those keys...but on the other hand, the option is vital to your financial security.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would never reccommend it but it someone had to (like I did) I would hope they would come to this forum and ask questions and do it sooner rather than later.  Most people are the most damaged trying to repay or pay bills that they have no hope of overcoming.
Message 4 of 12
John060675
Valued Contributor

I almost made the biggest mistake of my life after my divorce.  I was only $8,000 in debt, and I had a car payment.  However, I was an emotional wreck and got behind on my payments.  I contacted a BK lawyer just to talk, and he almost convinced me to declare BK with only $8,000 in debt and a good paying job! 

The reason I almost made the mistake was because I did not have a place like this to turn when I needed to know the facts.  Thank you for putting this area up in the forum.  It will help a lot of people.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy - if you are in the position I was in, I think you WOULD recommend it.   People who say "never ever" really don't understand what bk really involves.

It does NOT mean financial death, it does NOT mean life is over.  You CAN and DO recover.  It is just like major surgery.  It is necessary for long term health, and your recovery is alot based on how hard you are willing to work at it, and how soon  you are ready to commit to the recovery.

Edited!

Message Edited by fused on 09-28-2007 07:23 AM
Message 6 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Boscoe wrote:
Brammy - if you are in the position I was in, I think you WOULD recommend it.   People who say "never ever" really don't understand what bk really involves.

It does NOT mean financial death, it does NOT mean life is over.  You CAN and DO recover.  It is just like major surgery.  It is necessary for long term health, and your recovery is alot based on how hard you are willing to work at it, and how soon  you are ready to commit to the recovery.

Edited!

Hi Boscoe:

Please be advised I have edited your post. MyFICO forums frowns upon those who post links or web site addresses to other credit repair sites.

Please feel free to post a revised message – we value your contributions!

Thanks for your help in keeping the FICO Forums a friendly, productive environment for all members.

----

Fused

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boscoe wrote:

Edited!

Boscoe, Just curious did you read my entire post or just the first sentence?  As I said and will say again, I would never reccommend bankruptcy but if you have to I would reccommend getting all the knowledge you can first.  There are times when you have to llike I did and it seems we were in close to the same position.

Any regular readers on this board will probably be able to tell you that I have filed BK and have reccommended it in situations when it seemed the only way out but NOT before educating yourself or contacting an attorney.

I don't reccommend that peoplewait until an impossible debt turns into possible litigation either.

Brammy Said: "
I would never reccommend it but it someone had to (like I did) I would hope they would come to this forum and ask questions and do it sooner rather than later.  Most people are the most damaged trying to repay or pay bills that they have no hope of overcoming.

Nor does it mean financial death.  My FICOS are proof of that an I think I'm shorting myself 20 points across the board.

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-28-2007 04:49 PM
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I daresay one could find people who declare BK but who should not have declared BK.

From Liz Warren's "Two Income Trap", a great many economists and studies indicate there are a great many people who should declare BK yet don't. Many BK lawyers report that clients come to them to file only after struggling for several YEARS when the person should have filed several YEARS before.

The problem with BK is that it isn't used enough.

Least you fear the insolvency of banks, the collapse of the stock market, another worldwide depression, and 25% unemployment, let me sooth your aching mind. Only about 1/3 of bad debt that OCs charge off to P&L is from BK. 2/3 of bad debt they charge off is because they just get tired of trying to collect because the person doesn't have anything to give the OC--and perhaps the debtor outta really file BK.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

lawyers can be snakes in grass. watch them!!! I filed chapter7 pro se and it cost me 200.00 plus some stamps.  that was 8 years ago.  It is a long hard road without paying exorbitant legal fees on top of everything else.  They do not tell you about the emergency filing which stops everything cold while you can regroup and maybe not file afterall.  Do research if you are planning bk.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.