Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIB/Closed Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IIB/Closed Account

Hello all, me and my wife just had our 341 meeting last week and I was curious about something. When will we see some collection accounts closed/report a zero balance? Is that after discharge in two months or is it a rolling closure type of deal?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IIB/Closed Account

When I worked at 3rd party collections more times than not, they never got the paperwork from the court or attorney or they did and it was "missplaced". I would go online and dispute the accounts for each CB, and make sure everthing is reporting as included in your chapter 7, and has a zero balance. Sometimes the creditors are quick, other times they are slow or never update it. If you are able to also include the list of creditors in an attachment to each CB that also seemed to expediate things when I disputed our stuff. I had to do it twice, the 1st time I didn't include it and half of them came back saying it was reporting correctly, then I re disputed including the list of creditors and it got taken care of rather quickly.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.