Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Might go ch7, health insurance dilemma

tag
Zeiram
Established Member

Re: Might go ch7, health insurance dilemma

@KR66 wrote:

You should be fine without health insurance. Any unanticipated medical debt you incur between now and then should be able to be included in the BK, but consult with your attorney to confirm.

I mean, the emergency room has to treat you without the ability to pay, but that's about the end of it, and only if it's attached to a hospital that accepts Medicare or Medicaid.

Many hospitals now check your credit report to see if you'll pay them first. I started getting soft pulls on my credit report before being seen by a local doctor, and when I investigated it further I found out something called Experian Health says it'll help them flush out the ones who might not pay and "enhance collections" or something before they lose money treating them. Didn't say it like that, but it also doesn't have to.

Your children still need routine check ups and stuff and if you owe the doctor money they certainly don't have to let you keep going there.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.