cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU Secured Card Graduation

upwardonward
Contributor

Navy FCU Secured Card Graduation

I've been a member of the FICO community for a very long time. I've been missing in action for several years but I wanted to come back and share my experience with Navy FCU secured credit card.  Dishcarged from Chapter 7 in Sept 2019.  Applied and approved for a secured NFCU nRewards less than a month after discharged.  My initial deposit and credit limit was $1K.  Fastforward 9 statements later and my card was unsecured and credit limit bumped up to $2K. My deposit was returned.   So I said what the heck and requested a CLI the same day as my card was unsecured and they increased my limit to $3K.  

I wanted to share my experience becuase I read the posts in this BK community faithfully throughout my chapter 7.  The comments and questions helped me get through a very difficult time.  Thanks to everyone in this community and hopefully my experience can help someone else. 

Chapter 7 Discharged Sept 2019
FICO 8 as of 06/2020: EQ: 637 TR: 631 EX:651
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy FCU Secured Card Graduation

Congratulations on your graduation and CLI!

Message 2 of 9
ElCocineroRojo
Contributor

Congrats on your Double CLI graduation! I've been seeing that more often, and hope to get one when my nRewards graduates! 

Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Super Contributor

Cool! Congrats. Great step forward for building a relationship with NFCU!

Homeowner since Sept 2020. My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag. Just sharing my experiences after BK from learning here from rebuild to recovery from the @ 540's.
Message 4 of 9
coreyb80
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the graduation and CLI!! Treat them good and they'll treat you even better.  

Message 5 of 9
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

My card went from $200 secured to $3500 unsecured in less than 8 months!

Message 6 of 9
ElCocineroRojo
Contributor

@sports1965  congrats on the graduation! Did it automatically jump to 3500? Or did you request an increase when you graduated? 

Message 7 of 9
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your nRewards graduation and CLI.  That's awesme! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

@ElCocineroRojo wrote:

@sports1965  congrats on the graduation! Did it automatically jump to 3500? Or did you request an increase when you graduated? 

No

$200 secured to $2000

$2000 to $3000

$3000 to $3500

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.