Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu secured ?'s

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nfcu secured ?'s

I've had my NFCU secured card for about a month now. I put $1k towards it for the credit limit. I've ran about $2k through it this month. Nfcu never put a hold on the funds. It shows the funds are available and says the funds are available cash. I've transferred some to my checking and back to see if it would transfer. Does this sound right?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
JTC-137
Regular Contributor

Re: Nfcu secured ?'s

Your Current Balance should be $1,000 more than your Available Balance, but you’re saying that’s not the case here?

Does the card show up as “Secured nRewards” in your account?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No no, they never put a hold on the $1k I set aside for it. It's available cash. My CL is still only 1k.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just saying I've used it and it works but they never put a hold on the funds.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is it labeled when you log in to your account? Does it say Secured nRewards?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That $1K should have been locked up when you deposited it towards the secured credit card.  NFCU usually holds that money in your share savings account and with responsible use will eventually "graduate" you to unsecure and release those funds back to you...at which point, you can then transfer out to wherever.  Have you had the card long enough now to be graduated to an unsecure card?  At the bottomw of your Account Summary page do you show a nRewards Visa under "Loans and Credit"? 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It says the secured Nrewards but NFCU never put a hold on the funds or locked them up. The money is still available. I can transfer it around and atms say that the money is in there as an available balance and it lists it included in available cash above my accounts also. I dont need the cash, I just found it very odd is all, like I dont think something is right. The card works fine as I've ran over 2k through it in the last month PIF every week. I've had the card for a month now.
Message 7 of 9
JTC-137
Regular Contributor

Sounds like they didn’t set your account up right, never heard of that happening.

Are you going to call them to straighten it out or let it go as is?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure. I may just leave it be.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.