Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Bk 7 Rebuilding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Post Bk 7 Rebuilding

Hello,

I have been rebuilding since 8/19. Discharge was 9/19. Is it worth keeping my two starter cards (Credit one and Milestone) both with AF’s open?

I have 3 cards (Merrick/Discover/Victoria Secret) just opened. The other two are aged at 3 mo. I already have installment for student loans and car.

Just want to maximize points. Currently EX Fico 2 @ 650.
5 REPLIES 5
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Post Bk 7 Rebuilding

I would dump both of the starter cards before the AF renews.

Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Good advice above. You can shut them down before the annual fee hits. But no more apps for at least a year. Thats 5 cards in a very short period of time. You got to let the dings rebound your score. Plus the loan was ahit also. Its not a race. More credit doesnt mean higher scores. Its how you handle the credit you have now and prove yourself for future creditors approvals. Great job on the approvals. Butb its garden time for a long while. Welcome BTW!

Message 3 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Tell those cards "BYE FELECIA"

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time to 🥕Garden!! 🌽 🌱

Thank you. I’m really happy with the approvals especially with Disco. The rep told me last night what to do to make sure that 7th mo it goes to unsecure. “PIF before the statement cuts”.

I also spoke to my credit union this morning about our ultimate goal to reduce rate on car and loan for a HELOC to finish our home. 680-719 gets me to the 5% ballpark.

I have been reading the boards for the last few months and the advice has been invaluable. Thank you very much. 🙏
Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Cool! Dont hesitate to ask anything on here. We're more than happy to help. Even if @Tuscani has a faster Mickey D's drive thru than me! (Inside joke) You'll get answers you want!

Welcome again to the forums!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.