Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-discharge Status of Accounts Not Included in CH13

tag
BoomerSooner1
Established Member

Post-discharge Status of Accounts Not Included in CH13

Wife and I filed CH13 in May 2014 and were discharged last month. There were 2 accounts NOT included in the payments disbursed by the Trustee - an auto loan (Alphera/BMW Financial) and a mortgage (PennyMac). What we didn't expect during the CH13 is that both of those accounts stopped reporting regular payments and their status updated to "Included in or discharged through CH13" (something like that, even though we continued to pay them separately). Even post-discharge, their status on our CRs has not changed and neither creditor has resumed reporting regular payment history, so we're stuck trying to rebuild without 4 years of mortage and auto loan payment history (never missed or been late with a payment on either loan).

Has anyone else had a similar scenario and been able to get accounts NOT included in CH13 "restored"?  I was told by one of those creditors that I needed to "reaffirm the loan", but my attorney said that's only necessary in CH7 BK.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Post-discharge Status of Accounts Not Included in CH13

Yeah you lose all the reporting, however for some reason my student loans started reporting again on EQ and EX.

From what I understand is that you need to refi to get it to start reporting again.

Message 2 of 3
BoomerSooner1
Established Member

Re: Post-discharge Status of Accounts Not Included in CH13

That makes sense. Not the easiest way to fix it, but better than not getting credit for the payments.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.