Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question - How Long does it take for Chapter 7 Discharge

tag
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

Question - How Long does it take for Chapter 7 Discharge

Today is the due date for objection to discharge on my Chapter 7 case. I filed for Chapter 7 bankrupt on April 7th 2018 and had my 341 Meeting on May 10, 2018.

For those who've filed I want to inquire, in your experience the usual timeline there after of your due date for objection to discharge that an official discharge was issued and Pacer was updated.

If you don't mine, please share your time lines. Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Question - How Long does it take for Chapter 7 Discharge

Usually if no issues, from file date to DC date can be 3-4 months. If there were no objections at your 341 meeting, then DC is usually one month after. So, I would keep checking PACER and see what the status says. I would say within the next 1-2 weeks you'll have your DC.
Message 2 of 4
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

Thank you for replying. With the days counting away I'm now at the height of my excitement of almost being free from years of financial suppresion. I had no objections (thankfully).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed mine on March 30th ... 341 meeting on May 3rd and just DC today on july 9th ! YAY Me lol 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.