Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on credit card

So I was discharged back in may.. I was approved for Capitol one platinum a few weeks after discharged... I have been charging and immediately paying off .. should I be waiting for the statement to pay off or what I am doing is fine?. Should i get another cc as well?. Want to boost my score.. getting this card made it go from 580 to 670 ( credit karma so taking that with a grain of salt lol). But just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.. thanks in advance
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Question on credit card

Congrats on your rebuild. I would get your actual FICO and not go by CK at all.

I don't think there is a need to charge and pay over and over. Just pay off enough and let a little balance report.

Not sure who you burned in your BK , but you could try the discover prequailfy and see if anything pops up. You may want to get 2 more cards and secured might be your option with recent BK.

Do you have any installment loans? If not you may look into getting a small SSL.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 3
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Question on credit card

I have always made multiple payments per month since my rebuild started and no issues building credit.

The more you use and pay the more you show them you need CLIs.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.