Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Loans

tag
twono
Frequent Contributor

Re: RV Loans

And i almost forgot....as an added bonus, the RV loan is reporting to all 3 bureaus as a mortgage.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you tell by the score they used what FICO model they used? We're about a month out from applying with our CU, and I'm trying to figure out what scores I should be looking at.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Could you tell by the score they used what FICO model they used? We're about a month out from applying with our CU, and I'm trying to figure out what scores I should be looking at.

We haven't applied because I don't think we'd be approved right now. I was basing my experience from a phone call I had with someone in the finance office at a dealer. I was very frank with him and I think he returned the favor. From his experience, he said his lenders would typically deny an application with a BK. So he suggested the route you are exploring: a CU. I plan on doing the same this month and will wait to establish some history with the CU. In our case, it may be a year or more before we apply, but I will update this thread with the hope that our experience may help others. If you learn anything from your experiences, I'm sure it would help as well. I have found a few posts here and in RV boards on this subject, but the information is pretty scant. The only real-world success stories I could find involved using the RV as a residence, or in one case, a work-week residence to take a job in a neighboring city to avoid a several hour daily commute. In both cases, I think the person mentioned they financed through their CU.

Could I ask a favor--I just tried to answer my next question with a search here, but I'm still wondering...what types of FICO scores are there, and how different are they? I've read FICO8 all over this forum, but I don't know what that means.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're not dealing with a BK, so our situation will be different. I have been trying to figure out what FICO model is traditionally used for months, but as you stated, the info seems slim.

The link below will help you understand the difference models. 

https://www.myfico.com/credit-education/credit-scores/fico-score-versions

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.