Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving statements still

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Receiving statements still

I filed in March, had the creditors meeting in April and am expecting a chapter 7 discharge this summer. My auto lender is still sending statements. Should I call them? Or is this common and will end with discharge? Thanks so much.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Receiving statements still

It means your attorney probably didn't do a very good job of notifying your creditors.
I'm assuming you're not surrendering it?
Message 2 of 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

It seems as though your auto loan was not IIB.  Did you sign a reaffirmation agreement for the auto loan?  You should review your bk paperwork and see was your auto loan IIB.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 5
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Are they actually asking for money? After we filed we continued to get statements...or what looks like a statement, but says something like...this is for informational purposes only and is not for collection of a debt. 

Message 4 of 5
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

I continued to get "statements" or, as the previous poster said, "informational statements" with what they call "voluntary payment coupons" every month after I filed in both my auto loans and mortgage.

Each one says that it is not an attempt to collect and for informational purposes only.

If you are actually getting real statements, then I would be having a chat with your attorney.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.