Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Cleanup

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Cleanup

Good Afternoon Everyone,

We finally received our discharge on 12/26 and looking at the credit reports it looks like most accounts are being reported correctly, but I do have a question about two loans. We did not reaffirm the loans, but have made all payments. These are through a local CU that we want to maintain a relationship with, and we also reaffirmed our auto loan through them. Looking at the Experian report it is showing as having a late payment the month we filed. We filed on August 30th. Is this something that can be disputed?

negative.png

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Harriet
New Contributor

Re: Report Cleanup

Yes.  I was discharged December 11.  I had 6 accounts total.   Mortgage, car and 4 cc's. I reaffirmed my house and car and kept paying, all payments were made on time.  I also made payments up until I filed for bankruptcy, no late payments ever. All bureaus reported 6 late payments each, including my car and home, all the first month after I filed. 

I waited until the 28th then decided to dispute and see if I could move things faster.  It was super easy to dispute online with all the agencies.   So far experian has fixed 2.  I also disputed my house and car not reporting, it'll be interest to see how that plays out. Don't care about the car but I did not surrender my home and it looks like I did.  To me anyway, it doesn't say foreclosure, just IIB and 0 balance. 

Long story short I think disputing sped up the process. 

Message 2 of 4
Harriet
New Contributor

Did your auto loan that you reaffirmed report?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the auto loan is reporting correctly. I may speak to the collection rep who handles the bk's at the CU to see if they will delete those other loans, but hate to lose the history.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.