Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEEKING GUIDANCE REGARDING CHAPTER 13 CASE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SEEKING GUIDANCE REGARDING CHAPTER 13 CASE

Hello All.

Just checked in been looking at this forum for a while.  I have some questions.

I am 27 months into a 60 months chapter 13 bankrutpcy.  I checked my trustee's website today and it says I ow about 19k left on my bankruptcy with my plan ending 11 monts early projected.  WOOHOO. 

I have some collections on my credit report that did not make it as part of the plan and I want a clean sweep once I get out of bankruptcy.  I have addressed it to my attorney but they have made it seem hard to complete.  Its roughly 5 creditors about 8k.  I was considering credit counselling to assist with this but do not know how smart that is.  

I want them gone is what I want, but I know I have to pay them off.  Any suggestions.

Also I just submitted to my attorney a motion to incur debt for a car (I have been renting a car for 600/month since the plan and I want my own).  Anyone has any input to provide about the proccess.  I am extremely excited to finish.  It is almost over.  This 1070/month payment with a 100% repay is killing me but at the same time I can afford it.  I cannot wait till I am done with this thing.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: SEEKING GUIDANCE REGARDING CHAPTER 13 CASE

Ask your attorney again - but I think that when you receive the discharge from the Ch 13 then the collection debt is discharged and you don't have to repay it at all.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SEEKING GUIDANCE REGARDING CHAPTER 13 CASE

Ok thank you Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.