cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I wait to file my taxes

tag
Peanut03

Should I wait to file my taxes

Hi everyone.  I have been through the 341 and am waiting on the discharge.  There is the remote possibiity that the trustee denies the 7 and pushes for a 13.  Should I wait to file my taxes until after I know for sure?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I wait to file my taxes

as long as you passed the means test i would highly doubt your filing being changed. in regards to the tax return, if the trustee did not mention it there is not a point in waiting of course ymmv. for the recored the year i was discharged i had filed taxes two days after the 341 meeting.

Message 2 of 4
Peanut03

I was exempt from the means test due to my VA disability rating.  If it turns out to be a 13, is there anything they can do with my tax return?  I don't want to shoot myself in the foot.  My savings are gone and the return is my start to getting my cushion back.

Message 3 of 4
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Some trustees take returns, some don't. Ours didn't. You could ask your attorney about the trustees practices. An experienced attorney will know what they tend to do. Your trustee may not be an issue.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.