Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starbucks Pre-paid Card (Chase)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starbucks Pre-paid Card (Chase)

Just wanted to share that I signed up for the Starbucks prepaid card (to get enough "stars" to get a free drink). After trying to activate the card over a 30 minute phone call, I was told that the card was closed, but the agents did not have a reason. 

The next day I received a letter saying that after a regular review of my credit report they decided to close the card. Because Chase was so vague as to their reason, I am going to assume they didn't like that they were included in bankruptcy. Otherwise, there shouldn't be any reason why they'd have to revoke a prepaid debit card. My FICO is 709.

Just curious -- has anyone else had this experience?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starbucks Prepaid Card (Chase) Not BK Friendly

I have been thinking about getting this card but I feel I make out more with my cashback cards.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear op! 

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been thinking about getting this card but I feel I make out more with my cashback cards.

Sorry to hear op! I didn’t realize pre-paid cards required them to view your credit.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear op! I didn’t realize pre-paid cards required them to view your credit. 

Me neither -- and why didn't they do it before making a card. Strange.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow-up on this: I now work for Chase. After reviewing my profile, it looked like the fraud department thought someone stole my identity and ordered a Starbucks prepaid card. I wasn't denied because of bankruptcy.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.