cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red Card, requirements and experiences?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Red Card, requirements and experiences?

Hey FICO Fam!  So as of right now, I am waiting for my scores to update to reflect my 3% ultization with my C1 and FP cards(statements just cut 2 days ago) and waiting for my SDFCU Card and Loan to show on my report. Once that jumps my scores. I was going to app for the Discovered Secured and the "Target Red Card". I wanted to know for people who have the Target card,  who did they pull from and what was your score at the time? 

Thank you in advance! :-)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Target Red Card, requirements and experiences?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey FICO Fam!  So as of right now, I am waiting for my scores to update to reflect my 3% ultization with my C1 and FP cards(statements just cut 2 days ago) and waiting for my SDFCU Card and Loan to show on my report. Once that jumps my scores. I was going to app for the Discovered Secured and the "Target Red Card". I wanted to know for people who have the Target card,  who did they pull from and what was your score at the time? 

Seems like you have 3 revolvers and 1 installment? You have what is needed to rebuild at this point. I would focus on applying for things that will grow with you and benefit your profile/spending. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by going after a secured card first, try unsecured if anything. Can I ask what about the Target card makes you want one?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Seems like you have 3 revolvers and 1 installment? You have what is needed to rebuild at this point. I would focus on applying for things that will grow with you and benefit your profile/spending. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by going after a secured card first, try unsecured if anything. Can I ask what about the Target card makes you want one?

Thank you for responding. So yes, the last card I wanted to get before I start gardening was the Discover card mainly. Just to get my foot in the door and build a relationship with them. I figured I would add atleast "one" store card to the mix, since I would not app for anything else for the next 6 months starting on 07.01. I honestly am doing it for the mix of credit, don't plan on using it. And if so, a low amount. I pretty much am doing the AZEO technique as of right now. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved at 1 month post discharge. However i had a ch7 and you are ch13 and have not received discharge. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused.  You FILED for BK13 late 2017 and you are applying for credit?  That sort of thing has to be cleared through the trustee and quite frankly I am shocked you've been able to get anything, secured or not.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also they pull Equifax and I wouldnt think they are going to give you one if you are still in bankruptcy 13.  Arent you on a payback plan for 5 years?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm confused.  You FILED for BK13 late 2017 and you are applying for credit?  That sort of thing has to be cleared through the trustee and quite frankly I am shocked you've been able to get anything, secured or not.

Yes, hi Junie. Before applying for any new credit, secured or unsecured. I consulted with my attorney's office and was advised with the proper limit amount before I need to seek Trustee approval. Though I am on a payback plan, I was approved to build while in the plan. 

Message 7 of 11
Datx
Valued Contributor

Hi there. I don't know if this will help or not, I forgot the details when I app'ed for the Red Card. But I know I was about 6 months post CH7 discharge. My scores were probably low 600s. I had only two cards opened at the time and was very early in the rebuilding phase. I was approved for $300 and they pulled my EX report in 12/2016. A received about 3-4 CL increases since then, and my latest CLI was just a month ago for $500. Currently my CL is now at $1700. Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Datx wrote:

Hi there. I don't know if this will help or not, I forgot the details when I app'ed for the Red Card. But I know I was about 6 months post CH7 discharge. My scores were probably low 600s. I had only two cards opened at the time and was very early in the rebuilding phase. I was approved for $300 and they pulled my EX report in 12/2016. A received about 3-4 CL increases since then, and my latest CLI was just a month ago for $500. Currently my CL is now at $1700. Hope this helps.

Yes it helps alot, thank you very much. I decided, once my scores update. I am going to garden for about 4 months and build payment history. Things move MUCH slower in a BK13 than a BK7 because technically I have not discharged. So I am learning "patience" at this point in time. lol

Message 9 of 11
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Datx wrote:

Yes it helps alot, thank you very much. I decided, once my scores update. I am going to garden for about 4 months and build payment history. Things move MUCH slower in a BK13 than a BK7 because technically I have not discharged. So I am learning "patience" at this point in time. lol

Sounds like a good plan. And yes, patience is key. Also, I see that you have established a relationship with SDFCU. I don't know how they are when it comes to lending during a BK13, but they are the first lender to approve me for an unsecured CC with my highest CL of $5K after discharge. Be good to them, I am sure they will help you grow. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.