cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What goes on with the trustee after the 341 in a Chapt 7???

tag
isaemm76

What goes on with the trustee after the 341 in a Chapt 7???

Hi everyone,

Just had my 341 earlier today and all went smooth.  But does anyone know what happens next?  And I mean behind the scenes with the court and or trustee?  Do they research our information further or since they have all of our financial info, do they just wait for creditor objections and then file the appropriate paperwork?  Of do they just file the discharge after the objection due date passes.  My date is 08/06/24.

Thanks to anyone who has knowledge to this.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: What goes on with the trustee after the 341 in a Chapt 7???

Your waiting for the judge to sign the discharge. Then the case is closed and start the rebuild. Congrats!

Message 2 of 3
isaemm76

Re: What goes on with the trustee after the 341 in a Chapt 7???

I got an email from my lawyer today saying that the trustee has filed a report of no distribution and attached the form that was filed for my records.  Also the trustee moved my last day for ceditors to file an objection from Aug. 6th to July 13th.  Does anyone know if this is common??

He also said that after this notice was filed, theres nothing left for the trustee to do but wait until July 13th for any objections.

So now it's just sit and wait.  

Thanks for reply, you were right, just wait for the judge at this point.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.