Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What next?

Hello! 

My Chapter 7 was discharged on 3/11, since then I have applied for the capital one platinum card and recieved a $300 limit. I am also planning to do a secured card at SDFCU for $4000. I also have a "loan" for 2000 that I'm paying on.  My scores right now are : 

EQ 583

EX 557

TU 558

My question is, what do I need to do next to get my scores up into the 600s across the board? My goal is to buy a home in 2023, and I need to make progress towards the 680 required. Thanks for any insight you can share, I have enjoyed reading this board so far. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: What next?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello! 

My Chapter 7 was discharged on 3/11, since then I have applied for the capital one platinum card and recieved a $300 limit. I am also planning to do a secured card at SDFCU for $4000. I also have a "loan" for 2000 that I'm paying on.  My scores right now are : 

EQ 583

EX 557

TU 558

My question is, what do I need to do next to get my scores up into the 600s across the board? My goal is to buy a home in 2023, and I need to make progress towards the 680 required. Thanks for any insight you can share, I have enjoyed reading this board so far. 

Good luck on your credit journey.  I would recommend reading this thread. https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-p/1384075

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

AllZero replied with a great article to use as a template for your rebuild. I would say the most important thing to do post bankruptcy is to monitor your credit, and dispute inaccuracies. Make sure you follow up on them until everything on your report is valid. Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks yall!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.