Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account fall off dates

tag
sihmud
Regular Contributor

account fall off dates

Hello all,

i got my discharge a little over a month ago (02/01/2022. i included every account on my credit report in the bankruptcy, even the accounts that went delinquent years before and were way past the statute of limitations for any civil suits. but I included them anyways just to be safe. a lot of my accounts went delinquent and charged-off back in 2016-2017 so my question is the following. will these accounts be removed from my credit reports 7 years from the charged-off date or 7 years from the discharged date, I am concerned that I might have reset the clock by including them in my BK. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: account fall off dates

Nothing resets the DoFD. Especially in BK. They will fall as if you didnt file BK in 7yrs. You can see fall off dates from your real reports on annualcreditreport.com

Congrats on your fresh start

Message 2 of 5
sihmud
Regular Contributor

@FireMedic1thank you for the response. So just to be clear.

my accounts that went delinquent in 2017 will fall off in 2024 right? Not in 2028? 

Message 3 of 5
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@sihmud wrote:

@FireMedic1thank you for the response. So just to be clear.

my accounts that went delinquent in 2017 will fall off in 2024 right? Not in 2028? 

Correct, if the DOFD is 2017 then they will be removed in 2024, filing BK doesn't change the DOFD on delinquent accounts 

Message 4 of 5
sihmud
Regular Contributor

@dragontears @FireMedic1 

thank you both for the clarification!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.