Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new credit post discharge!

tag
jayy_sc
New Contributor

new credit post discharge!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share some insight. I ended up filing for CH 7 BK on July 2018. Had my 341 meeting August and waited for discharge, which just came in yesterday 10/5! I checked online PACER and status shows case closed. So i went on to the Capital One pre qualify website and it showed I was pre qualified for 2 of their cards. I pulled the trigger and got an instant approval on the Quicksilver One for a 1k CL! I'm glad capone was so forgiving and allowing me back in after burning them for 10k! Just wanted to share and let others know, there are possibilites fresh out of discharge (: I learned my lesson with previous experience and will definitely take care of my credit from here on out.

On the road to a positive rebuld!!!!

Current scores:
TU:532
EQ: 578
EX: 547
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: new credit post discharge!

Congrats and go slow. Dont get the fever and go app crazy. Next app should be in 4-6 months. Wish you would have asked first. If the Plat was available you should have gone after that one. QS1 will be a hard one to combine and so on. But thats hindsite now.

Message 2 of 11
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! And yes, listen to FireMedic. This forum is full of great advice from people who have been where we are (I'm rebuilding from a BK as well). It helps to go in with a game plan Smiley Wink
The QS1 is a good start, I love the unlimited cash back. You'll probably be able to product change to the no-AF QS in a few months.
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive been discharged since July as went to capital ones website to see what I was prequalified for.....

"it looks like we can’t provide you with any pre-qualified offers at this time."

NADA. lol.

And I didnt burn them.

It did say however that based on my answers I might like the capital one platinum card??

Message 4 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive been discharged since July as went to capital ones website to see what I was prequalified for.....

"it looks like we can’t provide you with any pre-qualified offers at this time."

NADA. lol.

And I didnt burn them.

It did say however that based on my answers I might like the capital one platinum card??

I'd give it 6 months after your file date and try again. Or try going incognito on chrome and try again now after cleaning your cookies. I'd even try Disco secured. Check their pre-qual page. If Plat comes up on Cap1 grab it. GL!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 11
mspenny
Valued Member

Congrats on the discharge and good luck with the rebuild. I started with C1. I found them most forgiving. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! I was discharged 10/12/18 and burned capital one for $3k, i checked their prequal site but still no offers for me. Smiley Sad Hoping they will let me in again soon.

Message 7 of 11
MP15_556
New Contributor

Capital One sometimes seems to be very inconsistent with approvals. I was discharged on Sept 18th and apped for the Platinum the day after discharge and was approved for $3,000.
I filed CH 13 and Cap One was IIB, not only that they sued me for the $1,200 I burned them for. I was a AU on my wifes Cap One card when I applied. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though th preapproval site was a no go, I did get a preapproval letter in the mail that contained a approval code (i belive it was called) I figured, "What the heck". So I applied and was approved for the Cap 1 Platnum mastercard with $0 anual fees, 0% intro APR and a 3k CL. I was suprised it was that much actually. It also said after 5 month my CL could go up. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know! I still have a month til D/C
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.