Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

received my discharge!!!

tag
rebuilding88
New Contributor

received my discharge!!!

Just checked Pacer and my discharged was signed 4/12!!!  Yippie, now to start rebuilding. Everything on my reports was either taken off or shows closed IIB.

I have 2 installment loans and thats all.  

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: received my discharge!!!

Amazing! Cheers to a successful rebuild. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 21
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the discharge!

My MOC is on May 3rd. Can't wait until I am discharged!

Message 3 of 21
rebuilding88
New Contributor

I did sign up for PenFed checking and savings, I am waiting for navyfed to recieve my fax, showing it's been discharged. They said to call back on Monday and they should have everything and I will be able to sign back up for the checking account.  Smiley Happy  

I have tried a couple pre-qualiy sites, NOPE!! I have checked my reports and it has not updated showing discharged. I know my scores suck mid 500's across the board. Am i stuck?!?  I only burned capital one for a couple hundred. I have 2 open installments that where open within the last couple months.  

Message 4 of 21
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the discharge! 🙂

Message 5 of 21
Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations and have an awesome rebuild!

Message 6 of 21
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@rebuilding88 wrote:

I did sign up for PenFed checking and savings, I am waiting for navyfed to recieve my fax, showing it's been discharged. They said to call back on Monday and they should have everything and I will be able to sign back up for the saving account.  Smiley Happy  

I have tried a couple pre-qualiy sites, NOPE!! I have checked my reports and it has not updated showing discharged. I know my scores suck mid 500's across the board. Am i stuck?!?  I only burned capital one for a couple hundred. I have 2 open installments that where open within the last couple months.  

Are you stuck?  No, not even close.  Did you jump the gun?  Absolutely.

Like you I jumped the gun last year and racked up 8 hard pulls with nothing to show for them except a secured credit card I hated so much I closed it after 6 weeks.  Had I waited for 6 to 8 weeks before I started applying for credit, I would have racked up far fewer hard pulls and would have been much better off regarding the cards I was approved for.

Chapter 13:

• Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank (now Bank of Southern California)
  • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
  • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
  • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
  • Last Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
  • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
  • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 7 of 21
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@rebuilding88 wrote:

I did sign up for PenFed checking and savings, I am waiting for navyfed to recieve my fax, showing it's been discharged. They said to call back on Monday and they should have everything and I will be able to sign back up for the saving account.  Smiley Happy  

Are you stuck?  No, not even close.  Did you jump the gun?  Absolutely.

Like you I jumped the gun last year and racked up 8 hard pulls with nothing to show for them except a secured credit card I hated so much I closed it after 6 weeks.  Had I waited for 6 to 8 weeks before I started applying for credit, I would have racked up far fewer hard pulls and would have been much better off regarding the cards I was approved for.

It always helps too to remember which lenders one included in bankruptcy or burned before so the hard pulls won't go to waste on them. That's how I approached my rebuild, yet I have tried Discover off and on with no success. The prime lenders like Amex, even if you didn't burn them with BK on report, no way for several years. 

Secured cards and a handful of retail cards and things like that are usually what one can qualify for at the beginning. The floodgates slowly open up the second + third years however. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. One of the best feelings I felt in a while when I received mine

Message 9 of 21
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!  It's a great feeling.  I still remember mine.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.