cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Recon!

tag
PNW_Hunter
Regular Contributor

Barclays Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Recon!

Applied for the Barclays Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Card last night so that I can status match over to Caesars Diamond and get Wyndham Diamond status, but was instantly denied.

Called recon this morning and had a great discussion with a credit analyst who overturned my denial and approved me for $5,000 SL. Original denial was for number of new accounts opened in the past 12 or 24 months - not sure which.

Super pumped for the approval due to my high velocy and barclays inconsistent 6/24 rule. No income or business verification requested (applied as legitimate sole prop) and was a great recon experience.

They pulled TransUnion (stats at the time of application): 18 INQ, 6/12, 23/24 (might as well be LOL/24).

Don't give up hope for getting this card with stats like these, my friends!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sweetpunch
Established Member

Re: Barclays Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Recon!

Barclays has a history of requesting documents for business credit card after the approval.

Message 2 of 6
PNW_Hunter
Regular Contributor

@sweetpunch wrote:

Barclays has a history of requesting documents for business credit card after the approval.

Ah, good to know!

Message 3 of 6
onepeace25
Valued Member

This post is great. I am a new sole prop looking into getting this card. What other details did you add? Im mostly worried about what the income expectations could be. My business would be very small and low income. Maybe 1-2k a year initially. Would you mind sharing what you added in that field?

Discover IT $4,300 | US Bank Cash Plus $1000 | Capital One Savor One $1,500 | Capital One Quicksilver $500 | Citi Custom Cash $2,400 | Citi Double Cash $2,400 | Affinity FCU Cash Rewards $12,000 | American Express Platinum | American Express Gold
- Total Revolving Limits $24,100

Gross Income - ~$70,000
4 Settled CO. Paid for settlement in January 2020~
(Update: December 2022):
AAoA - 2 Years 2 Months
Oldest Card: Discover IT - 2 Year 2 Month
Youngest Card: American Express Gold - Opened February 2023

Current FICO 8 scores:
Experian: 700
Message 4 of 6
PNW_Hunter
Regular Contributor

@onepeace25 wrote:

This post is great. I am a new sole prop looking into getting this card. What other details did you add? Im mostly worried about what the income expectations could be. My business would be very small and low income. Maybe 1-2k a year initially. Would you mind sharing what you added in that field?

$14,000 is my sole prop income.

When I called recon, they asked to confirm personal income, business income as a sole prop, verified the industry (there is a bunch of drop downs on the application for what industry your business is in), and asked a few questions about why my credit velocity is so high.

Message 5 of 6
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Glad that worked out

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.