cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best business card for starters?

notoriouswithag
Regular Contributor

Re: Best business card for starters?

tried to recon with amex and Im suppose to hear back in 7-10 days.  Still thinking denial.

when I got the inital email the reasons listed included accounts not paid on time, which is totally false.  I havent missed a single payment on anything since rebuilding 2 years ago and i've been an AMEX customer since starting my rebuild  so not sure  why thats on there.

Also explained to the rep that i was advised to close down one personal account  that was paid down to $0 and to apply for a business account, it's updated on AMEX's internal system.  Of my 3 amex cards 2 were paid down to $0 balance but werent reporting on all 3 CRA's yet.  I explained to the rep that their using an old SP on this biz application.

so while i wait to receive an email/call with my final verdict does anyone know of any other pretty easily obtainable business credit cards that wont triple pull into personal credit?

Credit rebuild journey started 4/2017: Exp: 558|EQ:533|TU:565
As of 12/2018: Exp:679|EQ:652|TU:680

-Discover IT: $500 secured SL---->$1,950 |
-Capital One Venture 1: $5,500|
AMEX Blue Cash Everyday $1,000 (04/2018)|
AMEX Delta Gold SkyMiles $2,000(04/2018)| AMEX SPG $1,000(8/2018)| PNC Cash Rewards Visa $4,000(8/2018)| AU : United MileagePlus Explorer+ BoA BankAmeriCard
Message 21 of 33
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Might want to try for Lowe’s business account. I know it’s a store card but could help you establish business credit. Account doesn’t report to personal credit reports.

I was approved for a $2k SL.
TU- HP

Sam’s MC might also be an option.
Message 22 of 33
notoriouswithag
Regular Contributor

@LittleSal wrote:
Might want to try for Lowe’s business account. I know it’s a store card but could help you establish business credit. Account doesn’t report to personal credit reports.

TU- HP

I could, Im just a little skeptical  I was browsing around and I think AMEX just used an older SP, I didnt receive any alerts for a new SP so I could be in the clear?

AMEX Delta Gold SkyMiles $2,000(04/2018)| AMEX SPG $1,000(8/2018)| PNC Cash Rewards Visa $4,000(8/2018)| AU : United MileagePlus Explorer+ BoA BankAmeriCard
Message 23 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@notoriouswithag wrote:

@LittleSal wrote:

TU- HP

I could, Im just a little skeptical  I was browsing around and I think AMEX just used an older SP, I didnt receive any alerts for a new SP so I could be in the clear?

You get alerts for SP's?  From whom?

AFAIK no CMS including Experian's gives alerts on SP's, only HP's.  Actually not even sure then, legally SP's can't be disclosed except to you as the individual so really it would have to be the bureaus specifically... only place I've seen them is from annualcreditreport.com 

        
Message 24 of 33
notoriouswithag
Regular Contributor

I just reviewed all 3 of my credit reports off annual credit report today and didnt see anything new from Amex

Message 25 of 33
Cransom
Contributor

They use a SP from some time in the month. Normally on the letter. Once you are a member, You rarely get a HP from my understanding.

Message 26 of 33
notoriouswithag
Regular Contributor

@Cransom wrote:

They use a SP from some time in the month. Normally on the letter. Once you are a member, You rarely get a HP from my understanding.

I do know that amex uses older SP's, as mentioned I think thats the case here seeing as my AMEX balances+other credit items havent updated yet, AMEX is still showing 3 open cards with balances when i really have 2 open cards(1 with $0 balance, 1 w/ balance) and 1 card paid off and closed down on my will.

can i ask amex to report mid cycle?  my appeal is still "under investigation" with the UW team and i still havent heard anything back

Message 27 of 33
notoriouswithag
Regular Contributor

Re: Best business card for starters?- update: approval!

Just wanted to post an update on my Simply Cash Plus application:

Spent the day chasing AMEX departments since i hadn't heard anything back since my initial online application denial on 3/6.  Using the phone # on the denail letter I called to dispute,  I was run around 4 different parts of under writing and new accounts departments(yeah..dont ask..the amex reps were just as confused as i was).

Finally got ahold of the new accounts department and explained my application denial and reasons i believed were wrong for the millionth time, and after a 3 minute check the rep finally said i was approved for a $2k SL.  I also told her that all my balances are in good standing and I have never missed a payment on ANY of my Amex cards since becoming a customer and that i closed down a personal card to open a business per other amex reps  .  It's not big but just happy I was approved. I do plan on putting a decent amount of spend through the card for string purchases, tennis stringing machine and possible travel expenses that would happen once in a while.  The stringing machines are roughly the price of my SL new and just about the same used

Are there factors that would persuade me to try and call in to request a slightly bigger SL once i physically receive the card to call in?  At the moment I have a baddie due to fall off EX very soon..trying to get it removed this month and EQ in May.   And i have a 2 year old Cap 1 account that was 60/90/120 past due.

Message 28 of 33
frogman1
Valued Contributor

@notoriouswithag wrote:

Just wanted to post an update on my Simply Cash Plus application:

Spent the day chasing AMEX departments since i hadn't heard anything back since my initial online application denial on 3/6.  Using the phone # on the denail letter I called to dispute,  I was run around 4 different parts of under writing and new accounts departments(yeah..dont ask..the amex reps were just as confused as i was).

Finally got ahold of the new accounts department and explained my application denial and reasons i believed were wrong for the millionth time, and after a 3 minute check the rep finally said i was approved for a $2k SL.  I also told her that all my balances are in good standing and I have never missed a payment on ANY of my Amex cards since becoming a customer and that i closed down a personal card to open a business per other amex reps  .  It's not big but just happy I was approved. I do plan on putting a decent amount of spend through the card for string purchases, tennis stringing machine and possible travel expenses that would happen once in a while.  The stringing machines are roughly the price of my SL new and just about the same used

Are there factors that would persuade me to try and call in to request a slightly bigger SL once i physically receive the card to call in?  At the moment I have a baddie due to fall off EX very soon..trying to get it removed this month and EQ in May.   And i have a 2 year old Cap 1 account that was 60/90/120 past due.

You can apply for an increase online as soon as you get the card.  If you haven't had an increase from Amex on any card in the last 60 days it might go through.  Who knows.  

More cards than I can mention in a signature.
Message 29 of 33
notoriouswithag
Regular Contributor

I asked multiple amex reps today via chat about the last CLI increase request  I submitted and all 3 of them said that last request was Oct 18 last year.  I told them that it was an auto CLI on my BCE from $500-$1000 and all had the same puzzled reaction.

Confirmed that last requested pull by me was June 27 on my Delta Gold(2x).

With all the account closing/opening does it reset my window to try this on my Simply Cash Plus?

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.