cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit Cards

Get your FICO Score for free

No credit card required

SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Business Credit Cards

Looking for some advise on which bank or CU has the best odds of getting approved for a start up business credit card.

 

 @SouthJamaica sorry for my poor etiquette on sending the message. I should have thought better.

 

But anyways I hope some of you experts on here can guide me in the right direction. Now for some info I've established a Chase business account and the banker advised me that I was pre approved for 3 cards and yeah that was a no go declined. I applied for a US Bank credit card too and declined. I also set up a business account with NFCU before hearing SouthJamaica's review. And I hate to admit it their CS is not good. Called yesterday with a question and was told I would be waiting 2 hours until someone could take my call. That's when I read reviews on Chase. So with that said I was hoping to get a card with some 0% to offset my cost of materials in getting it off the ground. 

 

I appreciate everyone's insight and intel on this matter. And hope everyone is having a great week thus far. 

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 10,000 | Discover 17,000 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=757 | EX=760 | TU=771scores and CL current as of 08/22/22 AAoA years 6 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Business Credit Cards


@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:

Looking for some advise on which bank or CU has the best odds of getting approved for a start up business credit card.

 

 @SouthJamaica sorry for my poor etiquette on sending the message. I should have thought better.

 

But anyways I hope some of you experts on here can guide me in the right direction. Now for some info I've established a Chase business account and the banker advised me that I was pre approved for 3 cards and yeah that was a no go declined. I applied for a US Bank credit card too and declined. I also set up a business account with NFCU before hearing SouthJamaica's review. And I hate to admit it their CS is not good. Called yesterday with a question and was told I would be waiting 2 hours until someone could take my call. That's when I read reviews on Chase. So with that said I was hoping to get a card with some 0% to offset my cost of materials in getting it off the ground. 

 

I appreciate everyone's insight and intel on this matter. And hope everyone is having a great week thus far. 


I would say your best bet would be to go for Amex.  They're not as mean as Chase, in several respects.  Their underwriting isn't as difficult.  They usually just SP on CLI's. They usually just SP on applications for subsequent cards.  As to which of their many business cards to go for, that's your call, depending on what kind of rewards you value.  My personal favorite is the Amex Blue Business Cash card.

 

Other good cards are the FNBO Business Evergreen and US Bank Triple Cash Rewards.


Total revolving limits 724200 (622200 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 725 TU 723 EX 700

Message 2 of 14
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Re: Business Credit Cards

@SouthJamaica thank you for your response. I don't think AMEX will be a option as they were another big bank I stiffed in 2008. I've never been pre selected for any of their cards on the personal side. So I don't think they will give me a business one as well I assume. I'll research FNBO as I already have a card with them so. Appreciate all the intel you've provided. So follow up on FNBO they don't service my zip code. Funny cause I have a personal card. And US Bamk declined me. 

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 10,000 | Discover 17,000 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=757 | EX=760 | TU=771scores and CL current as of 08/22/22 AAoA years 6 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 3 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Business Credit Cards


@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:

@SouthJamaica thank you for your response. I don't think AMEX will be a option as they were another big bank I stiffed in 2008. I've never been pre selected for any of their cards on the personal side. So I don't think they will give me a business one as well I assume. I'll research FNBO as I already have a card with them so. Appreciate all the intel you've provided. So follow up on FNBO they don't service my zip code. Funny cause I have a personal card. And US Bamk declined me. 


Sorry 

 

 


Total revolving limits 724200 (622200 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 725 TU 723 EX 700

Message 4 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Business Credit Cards


@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:

@SouthJamaica thank you for your response. I don't think AMEX will be a option as they were another big bank I stiffed in 2008. I've never been pre selected for any of their cards on the personal side. So I don't think they will give me a business one as well I assume. I'll research FNBO as I already have a card with them so. Appreciate all the intel you've provided. So follow up on FNBO they don't service my zip code. Funny cause I have a personal card. And US Bamk declined me. 


Amex likely won't care at all about debt that far back... Amex has been lending again once BK's have fallen off.

Message 5 of 14
pizzadude
Moderator

Re: Business Credit Cards

All of us are guessing in terms of whether AMEX has blacklisted you or not.   Some people have gotten back in without repayments but many more have not.   If you apply and are blacklisted then you won't incurr a HP, you'll just see an immediate Nope message.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 14
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Re: Business Credit Cards

@Creditaddict well I've checked randomly from month to month and no soup for me message comes up. Now I did get a few cards at one point then I got a letter in mail saying pay up or no soup. I didn't file for BK so it was a charge off. I appreciate your feedback nonetheless. Hope you're having a great week. 

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 10,000 | Discover 17,000 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=757 | EX=760 | TU=771scores and CL current as of 08/22/22 AAoA years 6 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 7 of 14
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Re: Business Credit Cards

@pizzadude I'm not a gambling man but, I'd put all my $$$$ on not being let back in 🤪. But then again you never know until you apply right? Hope you're having a great week so far. 

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 10,000 | Discover 17,000 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=757 | EX=760 | TU=771scores and CL current as of 08/22/22 AAoA years 6 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 8 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Business Credit Cards


@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:

@Creditaddict well I've checked randomly from month to month and no soup for me message comes up. Now I did get a few cards at one point then I got a letter in mail saying pay up or no soup. I didn't file for BK so it was a charge off. I appreciate your feedback nonetheless. Hope you're having a great week. 


Checked what? Applying and been denied?

 

Message 9 of 14
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Re: Business Credit Cards

@Creditaddict my bad I check the pre quilifier ever now and again. And no soup for me. 

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 10,000 | Discover 17,000 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=757 | EX=760 | TU=771scores and CL current as of 08/22/22 AAoA years 6 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.