Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business credit offer

tag
shane1978
Contributor

Business credit offer

Received a couple business credit card offers from different companies, but, I don't have a business...do I ignore these offers or can I still apply?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Djenius
Established Member

Re: Business credit offer

What offers did you receive? You can always apply as a sole prop. 

Personal:
AMEX GoldAMEX Green CardBCEFidelity Rewards VisaPolice FCUUSAA Preferred Cash RewardsAMAZON Prime VisaGTCCApple Card
Business:
AMEX Biz GoldAmazon Biz PrimeAMEX BBPCIU
Prospects:
WFACWells Fargo Signify Business CashChase Sapphire PreferredCICNFCU FlagshipNFCU GoBizBBC
Message 2 of 6
citymunky
Established Contributor

@shane1978 wrote:

Received a couple business credit card offers from different companies, but, I don't have a business...do I ignore these offers or can I still apply?

It depends, some business CCs require a EIN and formation documents. However AMEX and Chase don't if you sign up as a Sole Proprietor.

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24), Self $625 CL {$350 Secured } (Aug21-Jul24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@shane1978 wrote:

To answer the real question here, I wouldn't start up a business just because you received pre-approvals for biz cards. 

If you are starting up a business or already have one then go for it.

Many biz cards will pull your personal credit and you'll be PG'ing the account also.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@shane1978 wrote:

You shouldn't apply unless you have some kind of business.

Total revolving limits 650200 (530700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 708 TU 714 EX 715

Message 5 of 6
Noneed2nv
Regular Contributor

I echo everyone's sentiment of not applying without owning a business.  With that said, take this time to really think about starting one.  There are numerous benefits to being a business owner.  So brainstorm and see if there's a "side hustle" out there that you can monetize.   Good luck.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.