Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't [can] do balance transfers to NFCU business card

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Can't [can] do balance transfers to NFCU business card

I just learned that you can't do balance transfers to the NFCU business credit card. 

Thanks to @jaxstraw I eventually figured out a way to do balance transfers to NFCU business credit cards, despite the unanimous consensus of NFCU's business-side CSR's that it's impossible to do.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't do balance transfers to NFCU business card

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I just learned that you can't do balance transfers to the NFCU business credit card. 

I just did one about 2 weeks ago.

Zero issues and all online.

I just checked and the link is still there for me on the mobile app.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jaxstraw wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

1. What link, and where?

2. When I tried to do it online, there was a link for it but it didn't go through. When I called customer service

they said you can't do balance transfers to business credit cards.

Message 3 of 10
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

1. What link, and where?

2. When I tried to do it online, there was a link for it but it didn't go through. When I called customer service.

they said you can't do balance transfers to the business credit card.

Open mobile app and sign in.

Click on biz card.

Under 'Make Payment' click on 'Manage Card'.

Click on the Primary Card.

Under 'Maintenance' click on Balance Transfer.

The form appears to the right.

Like I said I just did one only about two weeks back this way.

Good luck.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 4 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jaxstraw wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

1. What link, and where?

2. When I tried to do it online, there was a link for it but it didn't go through. When I called customer service.

Click on biz card.

Good luck.

Thanks.  I tried those steps.  There's no "Balance Transfer" link under "Maintentance".

So I guess some people can do balance transfers to their Business cards, and some can't. I wonder why I'm excluded and you're not.

Message 5 of 10
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

1. What link, and where?

Click on biz card.

Good luck.

Thanks.  I tried those steps.  There's no "Balance Transfer" link under "Maintentance".

So I guess some people can do balance transfers to their Business cards, and some can't. I wonder why I'm excluded and you're not.

Just wondering if the is what you see under 'Manage Card'.

I have two listed ...a Primary and Other Cards on my Account...both are mine since I am a single person LLC.

Only the Primary has a BT option.

The other has no feature as you described.Screenshot_20220821-154346_Navy Federal.jpg

Jax

Message 6 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jaxstraw wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

1. What link, and where?

Click on biz card.

Good luck.

I have two listed ...a Primary and Other Cards on my Account...both are mine since I am a single person LLC.

The other has no feature as you described.Screenshot_20220821-154346_Navy Federal.jpg

No, I just have one account listed. And it is a different number than the actual card number.

Message 7 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jaxstraw wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

1. What link, and where?

Click on biz card.

Good luck.

Well @jaxstraw in the end it turns out you really helped me out.

On my mobile app I wasn't seeing a primary card and an "other" card, I was just seeing the primary, and there was no balance transfer option.

So I engaged in a series of messages with the "customer service" people, indicating that I couldn't see my "other" card on the mobile app or on the website. I was hoping that I might be able to do balance transfers with the "other" card if it were visible.

They told me that I could find it, but yes I could find it, but there were no functions associated with it.

I also told them I knew that it was possible to do balance transfers and they again told me that it's impossible.

Today I went to the website and tried to do a balance transfer. Once again, the "other" card wasn't there, and I couldn't do a balance transfer with the primary card.

Then I went to the mobile app. And lo and behold, this time it looked like yours, with both the primary card and the "other" card showing.

And as with your experience, once I went to the primary card > manage card, there was a link to "balance transfer". And I was in fact able to input a balance transfer Smiley Happy

So thanks to you, I can do a balance transfer to my NFCU business credit card, despite the unanimous opinion of the customer service reps that it's impossible to do so.

So thank you Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Can't [can] do balance transfers to NFCU business card

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Thanks to @jaxstraw I eventually figured out a way to do balance transfers to NFCU business credit cards, despite the unanimous consensus of NFCU's business-side CSR's that it's impossible to do.

Thanks@SouthJamaica @jaxstraw for sharing this -- unfortunately it's yet another data point regarding NFCU's lackluster customer service on the biz side. 

What interest rates do you have on your Biz CCs ?  Have you had any low or 0% interest promotions ? 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 9 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Can't [can] do balance transfers to NFCU business card

@pizzadude wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Thanks@SouthJamaica @jaxstraw for sharing this -- unfortunately it's yet another data point regarding NFCU's lackluster customer service on the biz side. 

What interest rates do you have on your Biz CCs ?  Have you had any low or 0% interest promotions ? 

That's charitable of you to call it "lackluster" @pizzadude

The interest rate on my NFCU business credit card was recently raised to 10.65% from 9.15%, which is the lowest interest rate of all my business cards.

I can't recall seeing a promo rate, but it's possible that there was one when I opened the card.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.