Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Spark Business Card - Highest Credit Limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Spark Business Card - Highest Credit Limit

Whats the highest credit limit anyone has ever gotten on one of these and how do you get it?

I found the the card a couple months ago and dreamed of all the awesome cash back.  I applied and got one with credit limit of 30k.  That limit is way too low for my business.  My business charges over 200k worth of expenses each month.  I literally pay it every day to avoid crossing the limit.  Then I find out the spark account reports to my personal report, so the nearly maxed out balance when the statement cut whacked all 3 of my scores by more then 50 points.  I need a higher credit limit, optimally over 3 million (or no limit) to keep my personal utilization in line.  How can I go about getting one?  I did the online cli and got 'account too new'. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Spark Business Card - Highest Credit Limit

Smiley Surprised My Spark Classic is at $1500. Wish it was 30k. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the exact same boat but with a Chase Ink plus card. I only have a 5k limit and pay it off a couple times a week. I have a $20k order I need to place and would like to use it but I don't think they'll let me go over my limit by triple. Dumb...who issues a $5k limit on a business cc?
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen some Cap1 cards at 50k, and I'm sure there are some much higher than that for those who have income to support it. Although how they get to those limits, or how long it takes to get there, I don't know. Perhaps it would be better to look into Amex's business cards - either their charge cards that will allow you to charge higher amounts but needs to be paid in full every month (unless you have a pay over time feature), or their Simply Cash Plus which is a revolver. I believe Chase has also been pretty good with the limits with their business cards for some people (not so much for others). And the good thing about Amex and Chase's business cards is that they don't report to your personal credit reports. 

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Spark Business Card - High Credit Limit

You won't get what you're asking about from Cap One. Your best alternative would be a business charge card, (not a revolver), from Amex. It has no preset spending limit, and will not report to your personal credit.

Message 5 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Whats the highest credit limit anyone has ever gotten on one of these and how do you get it?

I found the the card a couple months ago and dreamed of all the awesome cash back.  I applied and got one with credit limit of 30k.  That limit is way too low for my business.  My business charges over 200k worth of expenses each month.  I literally pay it every day to avoid crossing the limit.  Then I find out the spark account reports to my personal report, so the nearly maxed out balance when the statement cut whacked all 3 of my scores by more then 50 points.  I need a higher credit limit, optimally over 3 million (or no limit) to keep my personal utilization in line.  How can I go about getting one?  I did the online cli and got 'account too new'. 

I don't think you're going to get the type of very high credit limit you're looking for, so my suggestion is that you should just keep paying it down, especially when nearing statement date. Capital One will give you auto CLI's when they feel like doing it; you can't push them.

Maybe you want to add the Miles card; that way you'll have two (2) cards on which to spread it around.

You might also want to branch out, e.g. to some Amex business cards.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll give you the same answer I gave you in the other thread you posted. You won't get what you're asking about from Cap One. Your best alternative would be a business charge card, (not a revolver), from Amex. It has no preset spending limit, and will not report to your personal credit.

Message 7 of 18
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Just throwing this out here. I wonder if this is a legit post. Seems kinda out there as far as the limits. I could be wrong, and I hope I am. Just a feeling. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 8 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As another stated Amex is the way to go for your needs most likely.

Message 9 of 18
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Go for Amex, or you'll need a corporate card tbh.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.