Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one spark business

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one spark business

Are there any downsides to getting the business card instead of the personal cards?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital one spark business

Ya, it reports to your personal cr.  

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 2 of 11
RootDet
Established Contributor

capital one pulls all 3 credit agencies, so it is a triple whammy.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal protections from CARD Act will not apply.

That may or may not matter in your case.

Issuer has great ate right ability to raise annual fee so it so choose.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RootDet wrote:

capital one pulls all 3 credit agencies, so it is a triple whammy.

@ToughFistFight wrote:

Ya, it reports to your personal cr.  

i think this is the same for both business and personal, i'm looking for disadvantages of the business card

@Anonymous wrote:

Personal protections from CARD Act will not apply.

That may or may not matter in your case.

Issuer has great ate right ability to raise annual fee so it so choose.

thanks

Message 5 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are there any downsides to getting the business card instead of the personal cards?

You should get the Spark card if you're planning to use it for expenses of a business. There's no downside to it, it's even better than their personal cards.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 11
WayneSki
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You should get the Spark card if you're planning to use it for expenses of a business. There's no downside to it, it's even better than their personal cards.

If it reports to your personal credit, which in return will affect your utilization and personal credit score. I would consider that as the "downside".

Message 7 of 11
RootDet
Established Contributor

@WayneSki wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If it reports to your personal credit, which in return will affect your utilization and personal credit score. I would consider that as the "downside".

Same here. It will impact everything you want to do on the personal side, buying a house, buying a car, the works. Now if you want a decent business account, pick Chase or Bank of America. Neither report to personal reports unless you default. out of the two, I find bank of America to be the easiest to work with including for credit line increases. They look at personal and business lines separately, whereas chase will consider personal lines when extending credit to you. Example: chase denied me a cli many years ago on the business ink account because they felt that my credit lines for chase personal + business were sufficient for me, even if not being sufficient for the business! 

Message 8 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@RootDet wrote:

@WayneSki wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here. It will impact everything you want to do on the personal side, buying a house, buying a car, the works. Now if you want a decent business account, pick Chase or Bank of America. Neither report to personal reports unless you default. out of the two, I find bank of America to be the easiest to work with including for credit line increases. They look at personal and business lines separately, whereas chase will consider personal lines when extending credit to you. Example: chase denied me a cli many years ago on the business ink account because they felt that my credit lines for chase personal + business were sufficient for me, even if not being sufficient for the business! 

OP didn't ask for downside compared to other business cards.

OP asked for downside "to getting the business card instead of the personal cards".

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 9 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

OP asked for downside "to getting the business card instead of the personal cards".

Correct...no downside.

I like this card, very reliable everywhere.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.