Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Bold Charge Card vs. AMEX Platinum for Business

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ink Bold Charge Card vs. AMEX Platinum for Business

Has anyone had any experience with the new line of business cards from Chase?  I was looking at the Chase Ink lineup and it seems to offer the standard rewards and cash back versions of their card.....then I got to the Ink BOLD and it seems to be a CHARGE card with a $95 AF.  It also comes with a complimentary Visa concierge service and airport lounge access at no charge.  

The card seems like a cheaper version of an amalgamation of the AMEX Gold and Platinum, as the Ink Bold has:

• Complimentary airport lounge access (like on plat)

• Purchase protection and 24/7 customer phone support (like on AMEX charge cards)

• Visa signature concierge service (plat has its own concierge service)

• Reward point bonus for spending $25K+ a year (like with the AMEX Gold)

• No pre-set spending limit (like with all AMEX charge cards)

It seems that this card offers more, and carries only a $95 fee, which is less than AMEX Plat or even AMEX Gold.  Also, since it's under the VISA network....no issues with acceptability.

The only thing stopping me from applying would be AMEX's reputation for customer service and care......whilst Chase has been having issues lately with this. 

Does anyone have the Ink Bold and can comment?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Bold Charge Card vs. AMEX Platinum for Business

if you do some searches on this board, not 1 person has been approved for this card since release.  My personal experience is my mom was approved for a zappos card for $9900 but declined for the ink bold, during recon the rep agreed he could set the no pre set spending limit low and approve the card, 7 days later a second denial came in the mail..... waited 6 months and applied again and was denied, under recon the rep said she didn't know how she was approved for the zappos cards but she would get no more cards from chase.  I think chase spend more money on advertising that they were going to be offering business cards than they actually lent out in new credit lines.

Amex has had it's ups and downs but I know what my no pre set spending limit is and it's never turned down while traveling.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict,

Thanks for the clarification.  Yes, I did do a search before posting and read your mom's ordeal with chase - sorry to hear that.  However I am surprised that there is a lack of information about the Chase Ink Bold on this forum (other than your discussion) and on the net in general.  It seems to be the only non-AMEX business charge card in existence.....and the benefits look great for the AF.  The only thing that would scare me would be Chase's customer service, as I've dealt with them before within corporate banking and it's very hit or miss, whereas with AMEX they are on the ball 99% of the time I deal with them.

I guess I will stick with AMEX for now, I've already got business with them and have enjoyed the service.  Would love to have more info on Chase Bold and/or meet people who actually got approved - I have not met ONE person on this board, in person, or on the internet in general that has been approved for Chase Bold.

Message 3 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hands down Amex is the best for the customer service especially for people with need to travel. Chase is not bad but they will never be able to match the service what Amex can offer to their customers.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They sent me an offer to apply for their Ink Ultimate Rewards card with no AF, but I never applied for it. They put a lot of money into the marketing pamphlet. I have 3 personal cards with them, but I was worried also that they would decline me. If they had some type of preselector, I would feel more comfortable about applying. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.