Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Mailer - Marketing?

tag
isik
Regular Contributor

Chase Ink Mailer - Marketing?

Chase keeps sending me mailers for their 1.5% CB business card. They're all addressed to my LLC. I got the third one today. No pre-approval or even pre-qualification language and no fixed APR. There is an invite code though.

I'm pretty sure it's just marketing, but wanted to see if there are any DPs out there suggesting that it isn't.

I keep checking for offers on the Chase credit score thing™ to see if there are any offers but there never are. Pretty sure it's because I'm over 5/24. Last time I asked Chase for credit (a CLI request in December, after having the card for 8 mo with a tiny CL), it was denied. So I doubt they suddenly changed their mind about my profile.

An interesting (to me) DP is, Chase never used to send my LLC these mailers. Last month, I paid for a Southwest flight with my BofA business credit card. My Southwest account is under my personal name but they sent me an invitation for their business credit card, which is issued by Chase. It was addressed to me and not my LLC though. But I guess they got my LLC's info from that, and now they're going to spam my mailbox with marketing mailers like other issuers do.

Personal:

Business:

FICO 8:
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Mailer - Marketing?

Yes, it's safe to assume they're just marketing. As such, I wouldn't put much merit behind them. I have a business neighbor who gets them pretty regularly, an old school guy, with one personal credit card, and one Amex business card. His "business", he admits is a very part time side gig, or more of a hobby as he describes it, so I don't even have a guess as to what meets their criteria for marketing. 

I never got any marketing, or pre-approvals from them. Both my Inks were cold applications. I based my decision to apply on what I believed to be good chances of approval. Under 5/24, good personal and business credit history, and scores.

Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Mailer - Marketing?

@isik wrote:

Chase keeps sending me mailers for their 1.5% CB business card. They're all addressed to my LLC. I got the third one today. No pre-approval or even pre-qualification language and no fixed APR. There is an invite code though.

I'm pretty sure it's just marketing, but wanted to see if there are any DPs out there suggesting that it isn't.

I keep checking for offers on the Chase credit score thing™ to see if there are any offers but there never are. Pretty sure it's because I'm over 5/24. Last time I asked Chase for credit (a CLI request in December, after having the card for 8 mo with a tiny CL), it was denied. So I doubt they suddenly changed their mind about my profile.

An interesting (to me) DP is, Chase never used to send my LLC these mailers. Last month, I paid for a Southwest flight with my BofA business credit card. My Southwest account is under my personal name but they sent me an invitation for their business credit card, which is issued by Chase. It was addressed to me and not my LLC though. But I guess they got my LLC's info from that, and now they're going to spam my mailbox with marketing mailers like other issuers do.

Yes it's marketing, but it's probably a good sign that you're on their radar.

Applying now would probably be a waste of 1 or 2 hard pulls.

Once you're under 5/24, see if you're preapproved.

Total revolving limits 589000 (521k reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 714 EX 721

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.