cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI question

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Citi CLI question

Hi all,

 

Quick question about CLIs on Citi business cards. Does the SP language ever show for business cards like it does for personal cards? 

 

This is what it currently says for my business account: "By clicking "Continue" you understand that we may obtain a credit bureau report for you and the business to evaluate your request. Our credit department will notify you of our decision or let you know if we need more information."

 

The part that gets me is, "we may obtain..." or maybe not? Smiley Happy

 

Thanks.

 

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi CLI question

Following...





Message 2 of 9
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI question

Any chance that people with Citi business cards can check their accounts and let us know what they see in the CLI section compared to personal?
AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 3 of 9
Moderator

Re: Citi CLI question


@imaximous wrote:
Any chance that people with Citi business cards can check their accounts and let us know what they see in the CLI section compared to personal?

My Citi business account shows ‘It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision.’  This is the same that shows for my 4 personal cards.  What yours states indicates almost assuredly that a HP will be done.

 

Message 4 of 9
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI question


@Irish80 wrote:

@imaximous wrote:
Any chance that people with Citi business cards can check their accounts and let us know what they see in the CLI section compared to personal?

My Citi business account shows ‘It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision.’  This is the same that shows for my 4 personal cards.  What yours states indicates almost assuredly that a HP will be done.

 


Thank you for checking. That's what I wanted to know. I wasn't sure if business accounts also qualified for SP increases, and I couldn't find a definitive answer online. Basically, my business account is just not ready for a SP consideration, so I'll have to wait. 

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 5 of 9
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi CLI question

How many No PG Citi business cards do you have imaximous? Just credit cards PG?

 

Staples Commerical More Net/Revolving and Home Depot Net 30/60/possible revolving in store app can both be obtained with No PG.

 

Could give you a stronger position with Citi.

 

 

Message 6 of 9
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI question


@bizcredit11 wrote:

How many No PG Citi business cards do you have imaximous? Just credit cards PG?

 

Staples Commerical More Net/Revolving and Home Depot Net 30/60/possible revolving in store app can both be obtained with No PG.

 

Could give you a stronger position with Citi.

 

 


I don't have any NO-PG Citi cards. I have Costco (Aug '18) and AA (Dec '18) biz cards.

 

I tried Staples a few months ago, and they required a PG because I'd only got the Costco card a month or two before applying. No prior business credit history. They said 2 years of history and a million or two in annual sales. I was like, yeah... never going to happen. I only have a side gig.

I read that Home Depot would've been difficult without a PG too, but I didn't know about the in-store route. 

 

After that, I thought about this, and honestly, I don't want to open business accounts just for the sake of adding tradelines. I wouldn't use them. For my purposes, I'm ok with just credit cards.

 

I doubt I'll be getting a SP CLI anytime soon either. I got Costco and AA 4 months later. Then, a few days ago, I got the Prestige. I'm pretty sure I myself delayed any CLIs coming my way by getting new cards.

 

 

 

 

 

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 7 of 9
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi CLI question

Don't believe those high annual revenue qualifications.

 

Also, Certainly 3+ years in business helps, but I've known many who have gotten approved with various cards with No PG and with much less rev.

 

Your PG'ing credit cards has been very successful. If it works for your biz it's all good. I am just separating to be more lendable with the business as well as personal.

 

 

 

Message 8 of 9
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi CLI question


@bizcredit11 wrote:

Don't believe those high annual revenue qualifications.

Also, Certainly 3+ years in business helps, but I've known many who have gotten approved with various cards with No PG and with much less rev.


Problem is that the 2 reps who called me to follow up on my application said the same thing. They asked if I wanted to provide a PG to get the account approved because those were the requirements for a NO-PG account. 

 


@bizcredit11 wrote:

Your PG'ing credit cards has been very successful. If it works for your biz it's all good. I am just separating to be more lendable with the business as well as personal.


Thanks. I'd try harder to add tradelines if my business could benefit from it. Right now, I'm a sole proprietor billing for services. I don't have to purchase merchandise for resale, rent or buy equipment, etc., or anything like that. 

I think that if I were to get into a different type of business, I'd create an LLC, at which point, I'd have to build credit under that company anyway. Unless I misundertood what I read, each business builds credit independently, so anything I do or build now would be irrelevant for a different business. 

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.